GEN 2 Dilemma, Gen 2 or slightly used Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwvdds02

Reaction score
Ok so I've got a dilemma and wanted to hear all of your input. I ordered an 18 Screw fully loaded at MSRP. I'm waiting on the building date and VIN. Frustrating, but oh well. The deposit is refundable so I'm not worried about that. Sticker was slightly under $70k.

Meanwhile I stumbled upon an 2013 Raptor with only 18k miles and in immaculate shape. Fully loaded and asking price is $50k. It's a great vehicle, I drove it today.

Which one do I get? All input welcome, I'm not looking to start a war...I just want to hear your guys' thoughts. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question is: why are you second guessing yourself? You ordered a brand new raptor and now you want to settle for a used one? If you don't care about owning a v8 then I would patiently wait for the 18 to arrive!

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the asking price for the gen 1 is high. Regardless of miles and condition it is a used vehicle. Both trucks have benefits and drawbacks in my opinion but if you are questioning if you should get the gen 1 then I assume you are not sold on the gen 2 or you wouldn't be second guessing the purchase. So if budget is an issue and you are a first time truck buyer why not spend less and see if a truck like the raptor is something you even want or is practical for you. Then you can always sell and get a new one if you like it. I guess it's just hard for me to wrap my head around spending 70k on anything but a house. I'm a social worker though so I don't have the money most on here do. Just my 2 cents.

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you driven a Gen 2 before placing the order for the 18'? You obviously like the Gen 1 but are you looking at it as 'I can get something now' instead of waiting and pay almost $20,000 more? You have to ask yourself why are you even considering buying a 2013 and go from there.....

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe this is even a question.

Pay $50k for a 5 year old vehicle. Or pay $70k for a brand new truck that is BETTER in every functional way.

Again.... are we really debating this decision???

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold out I waited 202 days for my gen2 worth the wait. I've owned a gen1 also both awesome trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my gen 1 a lot. 97k miles and it still drives like new. Engine and everything work perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk