Differing Height in Rear from Side to Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatarchitect

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just picked up a Gen 2 Saturday and I noticed that there is a difference in height from the top of tire to the wheel well of about an inch from side to side in the rear. The driver's side is about an inch higher. I have parked it a few different places and get the same results. Pictures with measurements are below.

Has anyone else experienced this? In a perfect world I would hope that both sides sat like the passenger side.

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thatarchitect

Reaction score
I measured today when I got to my shop and it was almost exactly opposite of how it was when I left my house. Then I measured again when I got home and it was back to about 8" on passenger side and almost 9.5" on the driver's side.

I talked to a shop who said that driving forwards and backwards in a straight line or jumping on the rear bumper might help get it back level if it is like that from turning 90 degrees to park. That didn't work for me. I don't remember ever having my truck's ride height look different every time I parked in my Gen 1.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea mines the opposite, down about an inch low on drivers side.

Everyone tells me its just the gas tank. Bugs me everytime I notice it. Lol Eye starts twitching..

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just picked up a Gen 2 Saturday and I noticed that there is a difference in height from the top of tire to the wheel well of about an inch from side to side in the rear. The driver's side is about an inch higher. I have parked it a few different places and get the same results. Pictures with measurements are below.

Has anyone else experienced this? In a perfect world I would hope that both sides sat like the passenger side.

View attachment 130026

View attachment 130027

View attachment 130028

View attachment 130029

I wonder if you might have an issue with the rear shock on the passenger side. As many have stated, the gas tank is on the driver's side, so that side usually sits lower. There are explanations as to why this happens in other threads, but the 2019 trucks with the electronic shocks tend to sit higher when not running due to the electronic shocks doing something when they are not receiving power (others have noticed that their truck will lower when they start backing up which is the shocks returning to a normal height). It is quite possible that the rear shock on your passenger side is not working properly, hence, the shock on the driver's side is causing the truck to sit appropriately high when not running and the shock on the passenger is inappropriately sagging when not powered and needs service or replacement?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Your Gen 1 didn’t have the same suspension as your new Gen 2.

The Gen1 Raptor has this issue and this where the term "Raptor Lean" came from. Soft suspension and a 36 gallon gas tank on the drivers side is the cause.

Those who go with progressive springs often have them arched 7/8" to 1" inch more on the left than the right to get the Raptor level.