Differential fluid change - do I need friction modifier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ Which Diff. Cover did you order ? There are 2 listed on their site neither one is Raptor specific. Is there a vendor on here that sells these ? I'd like to support them. A write up would be very cool.:beer:

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SDHQ Offroad Superstore has them and they are a supporting Vendor.
They are in Gilbert, Arizona.

Click HERE

Last edited:

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How hard is it to change the front diff fluid ? Is the transfer case sealed ? I'm concerned about water intrusion.

I tend to stick my floaty stick in a lot of wet holes and I'm concerned about contamination. 2010 30,000 miles and lots of lakes and rivers fresh and salt and I've never checked any of these. Now I'm panicking after reading this thread most of the way through. Yikes !

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to put it out there. I am offering the MAg Hytec diff cover for $245 shipped to the lower 48 right now. I can also match that in a package with either AMSOIL or Royal Purple gear lube depending on your preference. Just send me a PM if interested in a package quote and I can get you taken care of.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What axle does the Raptor come with, does anybody know? I ask because I am considering the new ARB differential cover. It's for Ford 8.8 axles, but I don't know if that's what I've got on my 2011 SCAB.

Here's the link to ARB's differential cover:
ARB Black Differential Cover For Ford 8.8 Axles (0750006B)

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

SDHQ Offroad Superstore has them and they are a supporting Vendor.
They are in Gilbert, Arizona.

Click HERE

SDHQ says the MSRP is $273. It's not, it's $265.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
What axle does the Raptor come with, does anybody know? I ask because I am considering the new ARB differential cover. It's for Ford 8.8 axles, but I don't know if that's what I've got on my 2011 SCAB.

Here's the link to ARB's differential cover:
ARB Black Differential Cover For Ford 8.8 Axles (0750006B)

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

SDHQ says the MSRP is $273. It's not, it's $265.

If this is the cover your looking for I can get these.
images.ashx

images.ashx

Part Number: ARB0750006B
For Use On Ford 8.8 Rear Axles
Super Thick Cast Nodular Iron
Red Powder Coat Finish
Magnetic Drain Plug
Magnetic Dip Stick
Includes Mounting Hardware
$216.00

Go here for Mag-hytec covers
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f207/mag-hytec-rear-diff-cover-34341/