Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Difference between two lights

Discussion in 'KC HiLiTES' started by raptor36, Feb 28, 2016.

1. raptor36

raptor36 Full Access Member

Hello KC,

Can you help me understand the difference between these two lights?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

According to the website, they both have the G6 LED technology and the same LEDS.

Is there a difference in performance? Is one just made better over all? I am confused because there is a 100$ price difference and I can't find anything drastically different other than the housing.

Thank you. :)
    Owner of KC lights.

2. MTUH3

MTUH3 FRF Addict

@KC HiLiTES will certainly chime in.

I use the Pro-sports on my truck, and very happy. Quickly looking at the KC site, the only difference comes with the housing. There is a little more adjustablity with the Pro Sport, also the Ploymax housing probably costs a a little more, and the Gravity Daylighter housing should also be the same housing used in the halogen variants. (Higher volume from the tool).

You will be happy with both, but I would lean towards the Pro Series. The adjustability to aim the lights, as well as the composite (think corrosion resistance) might save you work on cleaning and refurbishing later.

raptor36 likes this.
  3. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

@MTUH3 hit the nail on the head. The difference is the housing. The Daylighter has that old school KC look that's made them famous over the years, whereas the Pro Sports are the new look with their polycarbonate housing.

Here are a couple data sheets that you may find of interest as well:
    Pro Sport: http://www.kchilites.com/downloads/dl/file/id/210/product/559/643_644_data.pdf

Daylighter: http://www.kchilites.com/downloads/.../kc_hilites_gravity_daylighter_data_sheet.pdf

We've sold quite a few pairs of the Pro Sports and our customers have been very happy with them and I would recommend them to you as well. You can check them out here on our site for pricing: https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...ro-sport-with-gravity-led-g6-pair-pack-system

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

raptor36 likes this.
  4. raptor36

raptor36 Full Access Member

Great thank you! Ordering a set.

MTUH3 likes this.
  5. Razor Ramon

Razor Ramon Member

Has anyone ran the daylighters on hood mounts?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk