Differed financing and 3 months payments?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopElement

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford Credit on Friday and they offered 2 months deferred payments for my 2020 Raptor. They told me the 90 day deferral is probably a program through the dealers.
Just picked up the truck at the end of February, and first payment was due in April. Now it's not due until June.

I only financed through Ford in order to get the truck with zero cash down, since they took my 2018 F350 as trade in and it was mostly paid off, so the Raptor cost was pretty cheap. Plan is to switch to my credit union financing at 1.9% before June.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Delayed monthly payments is a scam. If you can't afford monthly payments then don't make the purchase.

When your payments are being deferred you are still accruing interest on the principal.

For example, on a loan of 50K at 2.99%, you are accruing $110+ per month in interest.

Anybody know if the new 3 months payments and 3 month deferral will apply to Raptors? I’ve only seen super duty exclusions so far but guessing raptor will be excluded when the fine print is released. The interest rate going through ford will still suck but would be worth refinancing after 6 months to get 3 months of payments.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-customers-community-assistance-covid19.html

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something,and do understand if someone ordered a Raptor Pre-Virus and might be out of work now...BUT....if anyone needs to defer payments for 3 months,ya think maybe they should NOT be buying one now?
I'd think the car companies and Gov. need to use $$ for more important things right now than give people 3 months of deferrals on trucks or cars they dont really need.Should a guy wanting a new Mid-Engine Corvette / Raptor / Hellcat (and the list goes on) be getting a free handout.... Hell,if you cant afford it,dont expect help. Next you will want the Gov. to start helping with your gas.
Again,I may be out of line and missing something....just always amazed me where people put their priorities.

Is this true? That would really help my case as I'm moving up from a 76' Ford Fiesta to a Raptor and the free gas and no payments would go a long way in helping me to afford it. Have you heard of any programs I can apply for that takes care of all maintenance/repairs?