Diff fluid change before 100k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, do it. All lubricants lose their viscosity with use, and become increasingly acidic over time. You can do the differentials yourself. All you need is a fluid pump - available at any auto parts store. You won't need a fluid pump for the transfer case because it actually has a drain plug.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im confused on why you have to do a friction modifer in the rear...Isnt the rear diff open until locked and its a mechincal lock not a clutch locker?

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had both differentials, trans, and coolant done at 65k miles, just because. Small price to pay for a piece of mind. I am planning on keeping the truck for a very long time.
Cost me $150 for both differentials (front was vacuumed out), $100 for trans service, and $87 for coolant flush.

Bit late to the party, but which dealer was this?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bit late to the party, but which dealer was this?
I am a used car dealer in south Jersey. its a trans shop right down the street I do business with. I bought the fluids at cost from local Ford dealer and the shop did the work. Let me know if I can help you out.