Diesel guy needs help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ssecca69

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 Raptor. Only had gm diesels for the last ten years and all my tuning experience is with that platform. That being said, I raced the wife last night in my 16 gmc duramax and she beat me pretty bad. We switched vehicles to eliminate the driver variable and came out with the same result each time with the Dmax winning easily.. So on to the next question. Now I want to tune the raptor to keep up. My dealer is offering SCT Livewire dealer installed with warranty. Unfortunately I was leaning more towards the MPT, gearhead route. Absolutely need trans tuning which I'm not sure if the live wire tune offers? If I let the dealer install the tune can I then write over it and return to the livewire tune if I needed warranty work? Any advice would be great. I have searched extensively and I cant even tell for certain what tune is avaliable for the 2020 with trans tune. Thanks in advance for the help..

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run SCT on mine. Canned 93 tune.

At first they didn't have Trans Tuning, but now they do.

They release updates to the Tunes very often. Tuners can be updated over WiFi.

Happy with the results, and have 0 plans to go the "Custom" route.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ssecca69

Congrats on the new truck! You're going to love it.

There are a number of tunes/tuners available with trans tuning for the 2020's. While there is some benefit to the dealer installed and warrantied option you mentioned, the canned tunes are somewhat limited.

Our ORA550 performance packages (tune created in conjunction with Gearhead) offers quite a bit of power, an amazing trans tune and lower boost than most other tuners to ensure motor/trans longevity.

Let us know if we can help!

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

OP
OP
S

Ssecca69

Reaction score
@Ssecca69

Congrats on the new truck! You're going to love it.

There are a number of tunes/tuners available with trans tuning for the 2020's. While there is some benefit to the dealer installed and warrantied option you mentioned, the canned tunes are somewhat limited.

Our ORA550 performance packages (tune created in conjunction with Gearhead) offers quite a bit of power, an amazing trans tune and lower boost than most other tuners to ensure motor/trans longevity.

Let us know if we can help!

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM
Thaks I will check it out.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call ORA using a solid tune- if you’re a diesel guy you’ll be very happy.

I’m a former GM-V8 1/2 ton guy so def not apples to apples, but GH tunes is PERFECT for a DD 1/2 ton IMO

MPT/Livernois/5 Star also popular.....+100hp/TQ not uncommon add dialing in that TEN speed tranny & you got a fast **** DD

It’ll crush your wife in the D-max after I promise that

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 Raptor. Only had gm diesels for the last ten years and all my tuning experience is with that platform. That being said, I raced the wife last night in my 16 gmc duramax and she beat me pretty bad. We switched vehicles to eliminate the driver variable and came out with the same result each time with the Dmax winning easily.. So on to the next question. Now I want to tune the raptor to keep up. My dealer is offering SCT Livewire dealer installed with warranty. Unfortunately I was leaning more towards the MPT, gearhead route. Absolutely need trans tuning which I'm not sure if the live wire tune offers? If I let the dealer install the tune can I then write over it and return to the livewire tune if I needed warranty work? Any advice would be great. I have searched extensively and I cant even tell for certain what tune is avaliable for the 2020 with trans tune. Thanks in advance for the help..

Did you step on the skinny pedal or the wider one? lol

I just did CFV IC and Cobb Stage 2 OTS 93oct. It pulls like a ****