Did you know the 2021 Hood and Front Fenders are Fiberglass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...well did you eat him?

about November in my 2005, raining, dark and some fool coming at me with high beams and a young bull elk couldn't wait another 5 seconds to live. I saw his flash go past the fool and BAM. Barely got the oh part of oh shit out. Broke his back and wiped the right front of my truck off. I hopped the ditch, Glock .40 to the back of his head and butchered him on the spot. A tiny bit of payback for him being a Darwin candidate.
gave it to the farmer that helped me pry the front support off the tire so I could drive it again

another 200 plus before putting it the shop

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry OP, that sucks. I hope you get it fixed quickly. You can't even get away from idiots all the way in Montana.
deer on 2012 last fall
fiberglass
Man, stupid deer. On a roadtrip in Virginia, I had one jump out in front of me as I was looking back from my rearview mirror. It had just missed the car in the right lane, and somehow I managed to swerve enough while maintaining control as I noticed it had lost traction while running across the road in front of me. That was one of the longest seconds of my life.
I was just going to ceramic coat my Raptor when it arrives, but now I'm thinking about Xpel for the hood and fenders to protect from chips.
If this thread is any indication, you might be better off attaching a deer or a small elk to the front clip to both protect from chips and other errant deer/elk. They'll cancel each other out.

eddy20

Reaction score
Worked in the fiberglass industry for 15 years. All automotive fiberglass products are FRP Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic. Resin, fiberglass, and catalyst to harden the resin. This includes the old Corvettes which we hand lay up (similar to a surfboard) to modern techniques of spraying chopped fiberglass within a resin stream. Or SMC sheet molded compound, a mix of resin, chopped fiberglass, catalyst and filler material molded under pressure.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well some guy was stopped at the edge of highway waiting to cross to the other direction and he was looking right at me then when I was about 8 feet away he darted out in front of me. He said he got the pedals mixed up. View attachment 349788View attachment 349789

Just wondering.... I thought these Raptors had anti-collision / collision avoidance / emergency braking safety features...?

I'm guessing if the guy pulled out at the last minute, system didn't have a chance to react?

... thinking about all those Subaru commercials with emergency braking... lol