Did this part fall from my raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zlorfik

Reaction score
I noticed this thing that looks like heat protecting wrap, stuck somewhere near right rear exhaust. It's flexible, and silver metallic on one side. It has no holes or clamp marks, so I can't image how it was attached to my truck if it fell from it. Other theories are prank from neighbours, or the truck sucked the garbage from the road dropped from some HVAC contractor. Thoughts?

raptor_part.jpeg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed this thing that looks like heat protecting wrap, stuck somewhere near right rear exhaust. It's flexible, and silver metallic on one side. It has no holes or clamp marks, so I can't image how it was attached to my truck if it fell from it. Other theories are prank from neighbours, or the truck sucked the garbage from the road dropped from some HVAC contractor. Thoughts?

View attachment 376066
I think you would've heard that if you ran over it. Might be a prank like you said.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Is that the heat shield for the exhaust that was coming loose and rubbing through the driveshafts? Haven't heard anything on that in a while.

OP
OP
Z

zlorfik

Reaction score
Is that the heat shield for the exhaust that was coming loose and rubbing through the driveshafts? Haven't heard anything on that in a while.
Thank you! I googled it and photos match mine. WTF, there was a recall last year, before my manufacturing date.

OP
OP
Z

zlorfik

Reaction score
Took it to dealer, and they reattached it (pictured). They said its not common to fall off. And its a piece that protects truck bed bottom from the exhaust temperature, so does not appear to be critical for safety.

E04550FD-48AB-43E0-96E6-AA54EE77767D.jpeg