Did the fuse 27 relocation kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Ford may have corrected this issue for 2019. My fuse 27 is for Driver’s Seat Memory Module. The fuel pump fuse is now in location 50 and its a larger 30amp fuse.
That’s what I show in my owners manual anyway

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job swapping it out. When fuse 27 goes it takes the terminals with it, and you pounding sand waiting on a flatbed.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not the one I watched .

Basic knowledge of elementary automotive knowledge is required.
Such as leaving a cut wire unprotected, basic knowledge.
Nothing it “rip shit apart” it’s not egg shells. Handle it. Fan harness is completely unnecessary to unclip.

Instead of leaving a cut unprotected wire, i bent the prong and completely removed the useless wire from the board.. no need to have it anymore..

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 5 1/2 years of ownership without relocating fuse 27 and the inevitable happened, blown fuse 27 20 amp. When I tried to pull the fuse it came out in pieces but the slot was ok so I robbed a 15 amp fuse from slot 56(heated mirrors) as a temporary fix. That was six months ago and the 15 amp fuse is holding up just fine.

The irony is that this happened one week to the day after I purchased the fuse 27 relocation kit(EL3Z-14293-A) from my local ford store. I'll get this done one day but in the mean time I have five more spare 15 amp fuses if I need one. Baby it's cold outside.

Frank M

Reaction score
Will my local Ford dealership perform this if my truck is still under warranty (2014)? How much does the relocation kit cost? Thank you in advance.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will my local Ford dealership perform this if my truck is still under warranty (2014)? How much does the relocation kit cost? Thank you in advance.

Yes, my truck was still under warranty when they did mine. The relocation kit is pretty cheap. I recall only paying like a hundred bucks for the dealer to do it. I think the kit is about $30. I wanted mine done by them so as to be under warranty for this as well.