Did the fuse 27 relocation kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I did the fuse 27 relocation kit today and it took me about two hours. The YouTube video and the Ford kit instructions were lacking to say the least. I wasn't having any issues and there was no sign of burning on fuse or the slot 27 but felt it was better to be proactive and not wind up stranded some day.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 hours??? Seriously?

Took me 15-20 min.

The ford instructions BLOW.
Google it, watch a couple videos. There’s a ford mechanic that does it in one, cuts out a lot of in needed steps.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
2 hours??? Seriously?

Took me 15-20 min.

The ford instructions BLOW.
Google it, watch a couple videos. There’s a ford mechanic that does it in one, cuts out a lot of in needed steps.

The mechanic video did leave out some important steps, one for example is applying the shrink tube to the wire end coming from the 27 slot after cutting the blue/red wire. What took me the longest was the radiator fan wire harness clip hold downs. I didn't just rip shit apart like the video I took the time to be careful and put everything back together retapeing etc. the way it was

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mechanic video did leave out some important steps, one for example is applying the shrink tube to the wire end coming from the 27 slot after cutting the blue/red wire. What took me the longest was the radiator fan wire harness clip hold downs. I didn't just rip shit apart like the video I took the time to be careful and put everything back together retapeing etc. the way it was

Not the one I watched .

Basic knowledge of elementary automotive knowledge is required.
Such as leaving a cut wire unprotected, basic knowledge.
Nothing it “rip shit apart” it’s not egg shells. Handle it. Fan harness is completely unnecessary to unclip.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job... I'm looking at doing the same. Any pointers?
The suggestion from another thread to lay down some aluminum foil when you solder helped me, other than that just measure twice and cut once (meaning double check before you sever that wire heh).
[URL="https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1187235/"]Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue[/URL]

This is a new one on me.
Why is this considered advisable?
See same (lengthy) thread:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ford-raptor-fuel-pump-fuse-issue.45129/