did it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm here.

First, AMSOIL Guarantees their filters for that mileage. up to 25K in normal driving and up to 15K miles in severe duty environments. The reason they can do this is because of their exclusive nanofiber technology that filters down up to 98.7 efficiency @ 20 microns. Most other filters on the market filter at a rating of around 50-60% efficiency at 20 microns.

The longest I have tested them is a little over 18K in my Duramax, when analysis showed that the oil and filter were safe for continued use, but I changed it to test the new CJ-4 rated diesel oils in my older LB7 engine (which did NOT perform as well as the higher TBN version of the oil.) But I have seen many oil reports from customers and others that have run it for longer than 25K miles. One of "my dealers", who has a 2008 Duramax, at last report was at 34K miles on one filter and oil change. This is on an engine that is known for fuel dilution issues.

That being said, I will add this, every vehicle, person and environment is different and I do not personally recommend extending intervals that far without utilizing used oil analysis to be able to make sure that you have yourself covered. The used oil analysis lab (Blackstone or Oil Analyzers are considered to be the best and least expensive at an average of $30 for a test kit) will be able to monitor contaminants as well as TBN, Viscosity, additives, etc.

When I first made the switch to AMSOIL about 6-7 years ago it was at the prodding of a friend that owns the local Carquest (he sold it in his store). I was using Mobile 1 at the time and changed it every 3K in my diesel. I was at the time a firm believer in 3K mile oil changes. I even changed AMSOIL like that for a couple of years, until I began to build my online business. Because I wanted to add AMSOIL to the products I sold, I did some research and found out how to become a dealer. Once I became a dealer I began testing the longevity of the oil with oil analysis. Over that next year (2007-2008) I ran it up a little above 18K on that one oil change. That was around the time that the new DPF equipped trucks came out and as a result so did the lower TBN CJ-4 rated oils came out as well. I didn't like them because the advertised TBN of a minimum of 10, according to analysis reports would fall quickly to a a TBN of 7. (TBN= Total Base Number). I also saw a little higher amounts of wear particles in the oil with the newer diesel oils than I EVER saw in the higher TBN oils.

Now let me also say this. In 2008 I bought the wife a Kia Sportage brand new off the show room floor and immediately switched to AMSOIL. That Kia didn't like the longer intervals. I tested it at 4K and it was already burning the oil up, even leaving a slight varnish film on the dip stick, so I never extended intervals on it. But this is why I say that you need to use oil analysis to determine if extended intervals will work for your truck; as well as being able to have a Lab tell you whether your ride can do so offers peace of mind that you are not just taking it on blind faith.

AMSOIL was the first company to offer full synthetic oils and filters to the automotive after market in 1972 and even then was offering a Guaranteed 25K mile oil change interval, and to date they have never had to pay out on a claim for it failing.

I am NOT one of those dealers that believes AMSOIL oil and filters are a magic potion, if you make the change to AMSOIL, or ANY full synthetic that advertises extended intervals above say 5-7500 miles, I HIGHLY recommend also using used oil analysis to determine the intervals FOR YOU.

Also, anyone wanting to learn more about purchasing AMSOIL, you do not have to pay full retail. My forum member discount program is based on placing orders for forum members straight up without ANY retail mark up.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

I almost forgot, I am not going to attempt to list all of the technical aspects of the filters in a post, but I am going to provide a link below so that whoever wants to can check out those technical aspects for themselves.

AMSOIL AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chris.
Wow just recieved my order, that was pretty fast.... Discount?? damn missed that...

Yeah, those that order through me personally receive my forum member discount. Did you use the links here on this site to get to the AMSOIL website? When ordering through me, I can generally ship orders for less than the retail price alone when looking at the AMSOIL website. In other words, anyone that goes straight to the AMSOIL website and adds their desired products to their shopping cart and then goes far enough through the check out process so as to add their shipping address will be able to see their retail cost of the order including shipping and sales tax. However, my prices on almost everything from AMSOIL, SHIPPED, are less than what you will see on their site BEFORE adding shipping and sales tax to the total.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the link on here, it did show your name on some portion of the order entry, looks like it shipped from Vegas according to UPS tracking..... Is there some code that needed entered? For next time he-he....

No, there isn't a coupon code of any kind. When using the links, although I get credit for the sale, the only way to obtain the discounts that I provide without going directly through me is to sign up for either their Preferred Customer program or one of their other wholesale factory direct accounts. I provide the same discounts, but I do so by simply ordering through my account FOR customers so that they do not have to sign up for an actual account. In this way, the pricing that I offer winds up being less even after shipping and sales tax is added to the orders than the retail price of the products alone.