Did i get some bad Gas ? Decipher CoBB AP #'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s called something else now. I think it’s knock intensity (highest), but I don’t remember for sure right now. I’ll check to be sure and let you know.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s called something else now. I think it’s knock intensity (highest), but I don’t remember for sure right now. I’ll check to be sure and let you know.
Thanks TwizzleStix , i'm guessing a negative number is pulling timing and positive would be adding timing .

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The relatively new PID I like is called “Ignition Timing Corr. (Highest)”. It reads the timing corrections from the baseline, both positive (mostly good) and negative (mostly bad, but low levels expected). It adds each event such that it indicates the “highest number” amount of total ignition correction.

In “normal” driving the ECU advances timing until it hears knock, then backs it off just a little. The amount of +/- each step is set by the tune(r).

A typical example to see in the recorded (lower section of PID display) would be about -0.75 deg and +5 deg while the real-time (upper/larger) portion of the display reading 0.00.

These values are expected as the ECU controls timing dynamically and really quickly. If you reset the PID just before a WOT run and observe the value at the lift point, you will see what the ECU is doing with the timing under max load which is where knock does it’s damage.

Any more than ~1, maybe 2 knock events says your tune is too hot for the current tank fuel quality OR the intake/manifold air temps are too high for max engine performance.

Note that I’m real close to sea-level and have great fuel quality, so YMMV just a little bit. If you’re running a Goose tune and he has seen your data logs, then you should be really close.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting so I switched monitors in parking lot at work to this . Pulling out I was getting positive numbers moderate boost . Then ended up next to coworker in his new trail boss 6.2. We raced and I stomped him pretty bad . Its really hot out 105 so I at wot ,it did neg 2.0 ish . But normal driving it was add .50 positive timing. This is stage 2 91 octane ots . I'm going to switch 91 stage 1 for duration of the summer.

Attachments

• 20220518_164618.jpg
    20220518_164618.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On way to work this morning 68 deg air , lowest i saw was -0.50 and highest was 3.30 high at 20 psi boost . i forgot to take picture because i was running late . Defiantly temperature related .