Did Ford Shut down the build line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwadsworth

Reaction score
I heard from a friend that sells to most all SE Ford dealer that the manufacturing line is shut down due to Chip issues again. Anyone hear this?
I have to consider this valid info since he has ordered and received over 12 Raptors for his company and currently has two delivered 37' trucks and two Raptor R's still on order.

Mars911red

Reaction score
Here is the article I saw but it looks like Dearborn has just one shift at this point but this may be old news

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the article I saw but it looks like Dearborn has just one shift at this point but this may be old news

I have no doubt that Ford stopped the line for a bit at this point. I was simply saying that no dealership currently has a Raptor R "on order" as you can not currently order one. They could have expected allocation spots but you physically can not order an R now.

- Travis

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I know, Ford is trying to catch up with the back log of Vehicles that are sitting waiting on Chips, just like the others are. Raptor R will be produced, but its not going to hit the line until later this fall. Expect to see a line shutdown again for them to tool up for the R.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have they even officially announced the Raptor R yet?
Not yet. I would think we would see a lead up from Mike Levin on Twitter just like he did for Bronco Raptor. Then Ford will have a Raptor R Video Event with YouTube Channels releasing Videos of previewing the Raptor R at the same time.

May be this will happen in a month or 2?