**** Cepek Fun Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friends from Gen 1...

Again I call upon your vast experience...

I’m still contemplating my next tire choice. In the lead is the Durtrac...

I came across the **** Cepek Fun Country and I see similar weight... a load D which for me is great... and a 3 ply sidewall. They have an M+S rating but no snowflake.

Does anyone have any experience with them? They look super aggressive for a hybrid tire.

Thanks

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy,
You asked the same question in another thread a couple of months ago...
I Have been running **** Cepek FC's for quite a while. The original used the old Armstrong Norseman tread pattern and were the best sand tire I've yet found. They changed the pattern for the FC ll; and again for the present FC's. All have been lousy in mud, but the present pattern is better. The original FC's were good in snow as were the FC ll's. I have about 15,000 miles on the new FC's, and am going into the first winter and will be better able to tell you how they do in the next month.
One of the best things has been the tire wear...or lack ther of! I got >50,000 miles on all of my previous **** Cepeks. I've run BFG's, General AP's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Nitto Dune Grapplers, Mickey Thompson HP's, and many others, and the closest to the FC's in sand were the Dune Grapplers...which were surprisingly good in snow too...

Eddie

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eddie

Would you buy them again?

I have to be honest... My truck doesn’t leave the pavement very much.

I do however need to drive in nasty north east winters and need the snow traction... not 2-4 inch snow. 12-24 inch snow traction.

I’m trying to get a little more aggressive than the KO2. I don’t think they’re that great.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy,
My son has the Falken Wildpeak AT3W and I'm liking them. Nothing wrong with the **** Cepeks, but they have a noticeable hum at highway speed. Plenty of miles left so I'm waiting to see how they do in the snow/ice. They are siped so I think they'll do OK; also waiting to see how my son's Falkens hold up and perform this winter. They are very quiet....
Otherwise yes I like the Cepeks except for the hum...
Eddie

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree that KO2s are not that great in snow. As soon as i am done with my set i will be looking to replace with something else.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy,
I just went through my first blizzard on Christmas. Drove 600 miles from north eastern Maine down to Montauk, NY. The first 300 miles were in heavy snow with times of near white out...20 mph was too fast. I started the trip around noon.
The **** Cepek Fun Country tires were OK. They did not inspire confidence...on Route 9 between Wesley and Bangor, somewhere in Aurora I was travelling at about 30 mph in a period of lighter show around a gradual left curve when the front lost traction and I drifted straight until the front tires found the plowed snow on the right side of the road. (I was in 2 wheel drive). It was about 2 pm, and the snow was very light.
I was stuck on the heaped up snow for about 5 min...the temp was about 9 degrees and the snow was very light. I dug out under the truck and was back on the road. The **** Cepeks did fine once they had contact with the dirt under the snow. The rest of the trip was uneventful, and I had no further episodes. The rear end tracked like on rails, and I never felt the back end breaking loose even as I tried to correct the loss of traction of the front tires.
So I've had tires that were worse in the snow; but also others that I had to work on getting them to break loose. In my opinion the **** Cepeks did OK, especially pulling me up from the side slope where the momentum deposited me. However the tires had been very predictable up to that moment...and after also. Indeed the only episode was under steady conditions on a level gradual left curve on a 2 lane highway.
I'll update as I get more experience in the snow with the **** Cepeks, and I learn the limits of the tires / my abilities...

Eddie

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eddie,

I really appreciate the honest feedback.

This just doesn’t sound like the right tire for me in terms of performance. They look great though.

Now I’m wondering if their cousin, the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 is any better...

They look a little more siped. I hate to have to fold and go with Duratracs.

Guy,
I just went through my first blizzard on Christmas. Drove 600 miles from north eastern Maine down to Montauk, NY. The first 300 miles were in heavy snow with times of near white out...20 mph was too fast. I started the trip around noon.
The **** Cepek Fun Country tires were OK. They did not inspire confidence...on Route 9 between Wesley and Bangor, somewhere in Aurora I was travelling at about 30 mph in a period of lighter show around a gradual left curve when the front lost traction and I drifted straight until the front tires found the plowed snow on the right side of the road. (I was in 2 wheel drive). It was about 2 pm, and the snow was very light.
I was stuck on the heaped up snow for about 5 min...the temp was about 9 degrees and the snow was very light. I dug out under the truck and was back on the road. The **** Cepeks did fine once they had contact with the dirt under the snow. The rest of the trip was uneventful, and I had no further episodes. The rear end tracked like on rails, and I never felt the back end breaking loose even as I tried to correct the loss of traction of the front tires.
So I've had tires that were worse in the snow; but also others that I had to work on getting them to break loose. In my opinion the **** Cepeks did OK, especially pulling me up from the side slope where the momentum deposited me. However the tires had been very predictable up to that moment...and after also. Indeed the only episode was under steady conditions on a level gradual left curve on a 2 lane highway.
I'll update as I get more experience in the snow with the **** Cepeks, and I learn the limits of the tires / my abilities...

Eddie

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy,
My son is taking his 1997 F 350 Powerstroke Crew cab long bed into ski country this weekend. He has the Falken Wildpeak AT3W 315 x 16's. When he gets back I'll talk to him about how they handle in the snow. He loves them in the sand/rain/dry conditions. They are 3 peak/snowflake winter rated and heavily siped so I bet they'll do well....
Eddie

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on my truck, but I’m currently running the fun country’s on my TJ. Have had them for more than 2 years and so far they still look great with no sign of dry cracking. These **** cepek tires are smooth on the street and great for some light trail riding. Grip in the snow is good but not impressive.

smurfskier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the nitto ridge grapplers about a month ago. Was in Vt and got hit with 15” of snow before we finished skiing and had to drive home to Ny. The tires were great in the snow and slush on the way home. I have really been impressed.