Diarrhea sound on raptor. after cold start Please watch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Min

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got back from the dealership with my raptor because I went in for this nasty sound that I got upon cold start. They said it was the cam phasers so they replaced two of them but IDK what this sound is caused by so please help me identify so I can go back to the dealership and ask for some help. It sounds perfectly normal after I restart my car after a cold start. Doesn't matter if I restart it after 20 seconds, it sounds normal after but this cold start, start really bothers me. It just bothers me I would have to start my truck twice so that it does not make a noise. I let the cold start sit through so that the engine wouldn't be running immediately but it does not seem to go away. I bought the truck new less than 5 months ago and it is sitting under 7000 miles.
Please watch the video, you could easily tell the difference.
1. first link when it is normal.
2. the second link is when I don't restart my car twice upon cold start.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely have something wrong, really odd sound. Do other members a favor and don't make multiple posts for the exact same content.

So basically quit spreading his shit everywhere?

And secondly OP, why out of all the adjectives you could’ve made to describe your issue, why did you decide to choose one that was poo related?

OP
OP
James Min

James Min

Reaction score
So basically quit spreading his shit everywhere?

And secondly OP, why out of all the adjectives you could’ve made to describe your issue, why did you decide to choose one that was poo related?
becasue that is what it sounds like. i dont know any other adjs that have this particular sound. plus it sounds like "poo"

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it's making the weird sound, are you still building(max) boost? Wonder if the wategate(s) is stuck partially open.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why it hasn't been taken to the dealer for repair yet.. ???