Diarrhea sound on raptor. after cold start Please watch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Min

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got back from the dealership with my raptor because I went in for this nasty sound that I got upon cold start. They said it was the cam phasers so they replaced two of them but IDK what this sound is caused by so please help me identify so I can go back to the dealership and ask for some help. It sounds perfectly normal after I restart my car after a cold start. Doesn't matter if I restart it after 20 seconds, it sounds normal after but this cold start, start really bothers me. It just bothers me I would have to start my truck twice so that it does not make a noise. I let the cold start sit through so that the engine wouldn't be running immediately but it does not seem to go away. I bought the truck new less than 5 months ago and it is sitting under 7000 miles.
Please watch the video, you could easily tell the difference.
1. first link when it is normal.
2. the second link is when I don't restart my car twice upon cold start.

OP
OP
James Min

James Min

Reaction score
oh i see. anyways the dealer took it for 2 weeks claiming it was the cam phasers but it did not change a thing. i got it back and it still sounded like that after 4 hours of sitting.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh i see. anyways the dealer took it for 2 weeks claiming it was the cam phasers but it did not change a thing. i got it back and it still sounded like that after 4 hours of sitting.
Sounds like something is stuck, lack of power. Is there another dealer close by that you could go to instead?

OP
OP
James Min

James Min

Reaction score
yes there are plenty of dealers around me, I just went to the closest one. I am not sure what's wrong though because if I restart my truck, it goes away as nothing happened. But that time i decided to just start driving it. Before it was vibrating my seat and steering wheel.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes there are plenty of dealers around me, I just went to the closest one. I am not sure what's wrong though because if I restart my truck, it goes away as nothing happened. But that time i decided to just start driving it. Before it was vibrating my seat and steering wheel.
Show the dealer your videos for proof, then they will let the truck sit overnight and should experience the same conditions when they start it up on the morning.

OP
OP
James Min

James Min

Reaction score
I am guessing that is what they did and thought cams were bad. they replaced them but nothing has changed when i got the truck back today. it was a little less worse but i could still tell lack of power and whack sound