Diamondback SE or Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duracell24

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with either? Particularly the G4. Diamondbacks seems to have a great reputation. My only complaint against them is an inability to haul big items without removing the entire thing since the center piece stays in.

The G4 Elite seems to solve this, but I can't get a feel from the reviews on the quality of product they put out.

Being able to open from the front is a requirement, hence why I've narrowed it down to these two.

A toolbox is also a requirement for me. I'd put the Cross Bin 8 in the Diamondback and the personal caddy in the G4. Looking at an SE from Diamondback's Outlet store right now and, going that route, the price difference between Diamondback SE (outlet) with Cross Bin 8 and Fold-A-Cover G4 w/personal caddy is $160 in favor of the G4.

Thoughts from the group?

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Diamondback HD and really enjoy it. Very well made and robust. I chose it over a traditional folding tonneau cover due to the added security it offers. It gives me peace of mind to leave certain valuables in the bed, while allowing me to strap down heavy items on top. If I had to haul around big items, I would probably go with the G4. Much easier to fold up versus spending 20 minutes to remove the Diamondback.

I will say this: the "toolboxes" from either manufacturer aren't very stout. If you're not beating on your truck, they should be fine. But if you're hard on your truck, they may flex, slide around, and potentially fall down.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with either? Particularly the G4. Diamondbacks seems to have a great reputation. My only complaint against them is an inability to haul big items without removing the entire thing since the center piece stays in.

The G4 Elite seems to solve this, but I can't get a feel from the reviews on the quality of product they put out.

Being able to open from the front is a requirement, hence why I've narrowed it down to these two.

A toolbox is also a requirement for me. I'd put the Cross Bin 8 in the Diamondback and the personal caddy in the G4. Looking at an SE from Diamondback's Outlet store right now and, going that route, the price difference between Diamondback SE (outlet) with Cross Bin 8 and Fold-A-Cover G4 w/personal caddy is $160 in favor of the G4.

Thoughts from the group?
I have a Diamondback HD for a Gen 2 that I am selling. I really love it, but I decided to go a different route with the truck.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/diamondback-hd-black-fs.73681/#post-1437497

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Front toolbox not worth it. Too hard to access. Home Depot sells a 4 drawer system that is easier to work with. It is 48 x 48 and 8 (?) deep. Heavy enough you can pile on top of it