Diamondback cover rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryno77

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have the Diamondback HD cover and am outfitting my rig for overlanding. I am about to pull the trigger on a Front Runner rack that mounts in a channel directly to the top of the cover. I know Yakima makes a similar option. Is there any other options that I need to know about, based on the group’s expertise? I keep searching, but sometimes there are smaller company offerings that are not as commercialized. I really appreciate any insight!

Also, if you are running one in particular and have an opinion, I’d love to hear that as well.

teamster

Reaction score
The biggest difference between the Diamondback x Yakima OverHaul and the Outpost or FrontRunner systems are the height that they can set the load. If you want to move anything substantially longer than the bed, you'll want the OverHaul, since it can be hoisted to the roofline and you can affix the load to go over the cab. If all you're doing is moving an RTT and associated gear, you can use any of the three options. Specifically the FrontRunner can have a third load bar in the center panel, which can improve stability with a heavy RTT.

I plan to get the OverHaul, since I regularly move ladders, lumber, and other long loads. It'll simplify my life considerably vs having an angled load in the bed or sticking way out over the tailgate.

usnmustanger

Reaction score
The biggest difference between the Diamondback x Yakima OverHaul and the Outpost or FrontRunner systems are the height that they can set the load. If you want to move anything substantially longer than the bed, you'll want the OverHaul, since it can be hoisted to the roofline and you can affix the load to go over the cab. If all you're doing is moving an RTT and associated gear, you can use any of the three options. Specifically the FrontRunner can have a third load bar in the center panel, which can improve stability with a heavy RTT.

I plan to get the OverHaul, since I regularly move ladders, lumber, and other long loads. It'll simplify my life considerably vs having an angled load in the bed or sticking way out over the tailgate.
I'm new here...what's an RTT?

Also, I really like the Diamondback x Yackima Overhaul setup, but I wanna make sure I'm looking at that right: Is it really $3749 for the whole setup ($2300 + $1449) or is there some sort of bundle deal I'm missing? I'm sure they're awesome products, but that seems pretty steep considering the going rate for some of the other cover + rack options out there. Then again, I'm still pretty new to this stuff, so maybe that's a reasonable price.

Last edited:

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new here...what's an RTT?

Also, I really like the Diamondback x Yackima Overhaul setup, but I wanna make sure I'm looking at that right: Is it really $3749 for the whole setup ($2300 + $1449) or is there some sort of bundle deal I'm missing? I'm sure they're awesome products, but that seems pretty steep considering the going rate for some of the other cover + rack options out there. Then again, I'm still pretty new to this stuff, so maybe that's a reasonable price.
RTT stands for rooftop tent. As far as other options, there are other bed cover/rack options out there. One solid option is the RetraxOne XR which is a retractable and lockable bed cover that comes with a T slot track to install any rack on it. We sell all kinds of options, feel free to shoot me a PM.