Detroit business trip and saw this on the road - what is it? Lightning Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was in Detroit yesterday for a meeting. Spent 20 mins on the road in the metro area and saw this on the highway. Couldn't grab a decent pic but looked like a Lightning with Raptor trim on the front end and off road tires. No other badging or trim that looked normal. Had factory stickers all over it. It was driving pretty slow and conservative. Tried to enhance the image with filters (included original). Anyone have any insight?

IMG_2539.jpegIMG_2539.jpegIMG_2539.jpeg

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's how the daytime running lights look, but are they white or yellow in the headlights and then some kind of yellow fog light?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Just looks like a regular gen 3. DRLs are amber. Looks like they also mounted some other kind of fogs in the front bumper.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you are at is really not that far from the truck plant. Did it have a manufacturer plate?

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you are at is really not that far from the truck plant. Did it have a manufacturer plate?
Yes I drove by a ford plant. Not sure if it was the truck plant or another. Yes had ford manufacturer plate. Makes sense about the DRLs. Looked odd to me and similar to what I’ve seen on a Lightning. Now that I think about it, it didn't have marker lights or they were blacked out. Could've been a Ranger Raptor.

Last edited:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes drove i drove by a ford plant. Not sure if it was the truck plant or another. Yes had ford manufacturer plate. Makes sense about the DRLs. Looked odd to me and similar to what I’ve seen on a Lightning. Now that I think about it, it didn't have marker lights or they were blacked out. Could've been a Ranger Raptor.

It's definitely an f150 raptor but it's hard to tell in your picture if the drl is white or yellow and what about the tow hooks.. are those lights? Maybe it's an export model

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely an f150 raptor but it's hard to tell in your picture if the drl is white or yellow and what about the tow hooks.. are those lights? Maybe it's an export model
DRL's were really bright white. That's why I thought it may have been a Lightning. Tow hooks were yellow.