GEN 2 Detect Remote Start in Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Raptor with FordPass. I want to know when the Remote Start is activated inside the vehicle regardless if started with the Fob or App. Is there a trigger wire or any way to detect the vehicle is being remote started vs. started in person?

Reason: I have some items I want to engauge during this procedure that are not HVAC or heating related through a relay.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Raptor with FordPass. I want to know when the Remote Start is activated inside the vehicle regardless if started with the Fob or App. Is there a trigger wire or any way to detect the vehicle is being remote started vs. started in person?

Reason: I have some items I want to engauge during this procedure that are not HVAC or heating related through a relay.

The aux switches are powered when you remote start. Maybe you can tap that fuse.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aux switches are powered when you remote start. Maybe you can tap that fuse.

But those are powered regardless of if you remote start or normal start, and the OP wants a way to tell it has specifically been remote started. So it appears he is looking for a specific signal or a specific set of conditions that can be monitored that only occur when you remote start.

T!

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you want to KNOW if the truck was remote started or do you just want something to come on when it is remote started?

Do you want that something to come on if you DONT remote start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braptorin

Reaction score
I'm not OP, but my use case is the more granular one - I want to know it was remote started specifically, which is separate and distinct from "regular key in the vehicle and it got started." In my case the difference is what my always-onboard Android device will do. I'm curious if this can be done through Forscan? I haven't done my setup yet, but I plan to get that up and running. My personal goal is a mode equivalent to Tesla's Sentry Mode where the Android activates some cameras.

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you want to KNOW if the truck was remote started or do you just want something to come on when it is remote started?
Do you want that something to come on if you DONT remote start?

I need to know when the remote start process is starting so I can turn on a relay to power other items. This condition will only occur in a remote start condition.

OP
OP
Xtinct

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not OP, but my use case is the more granular one - I want to know it was remote started specifically, which is separate and distinct from "regular key in the vehicle and it got started." In my case the difference is what my always-onboard Android device will do. I'm curious if this can be done through Forscan? I haven't done my setup yet, but I plan to get that up and running. My personal goal is a mode equivalent to Tesla's Sentry Mode where the Android activates some cameras.

I would be curious to learn how you setup and use Forscan. I have some settings I need to change but have not done the research yet to get it setup.

Are you planning to activate the onboard truck cameras and maybe allow them to stream to your device in the event of an alarm trigger or something?

braptorin

Reaction score
I would be curious to learn how you setup and use Forscan. I have some settings I need to change but have not done the research yet to get it setup.

Are you planning to activate the onboard truck cameras and maybe allow them to stream to your device in the event of an alarm trigger or something?
I have no idea what's going to be possible, realistically. My guess is that I can't get to the onboard cameras, which is a huge bummer. Instead I'd just use the Android cameras... it's not crazy to see if I could maybe get the onboard cameras into 360 mode then just point the Android device at the screen (which is a super blunt way to record those cameras into a smarter device!). This is all pie-in-the-sky fun talk for me right now, meaning this is a low priority and just a fun project that might take me a while to get to.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This idea sounds interesting. I was thinking about using a front/rear view dash cam setup that would utilize the onboard hotspot or local WiFi for communication.

But being able to turn on the onboard cameras sounds even better.