Detailing a Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So. It’s about to go down this weekend on my Gen 3 Oxford white. I usually use Rupes products with a Rupes Bigfoot DA polisher. But my question relates to the interior.

What products have y’all found best to work on this Blue Recaro interior? Thanks in advance.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sonax Alcantra & Upholstery cleaner. That and a vacuum are enough for the alcantara.

For the leather you can use the product of your choosing - I like Leatherique and Sonax Leather Foam.

For the rest of the plastics I like 303 Aerospace.

Last edited:

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I never bought my truck in black , I can clean it for hours as soon as it hits the roads it seems if I did nothing. I’m jealous of your white
A ceramic coating will help significantly. I pretty much factor that in to the cost of any dark vehicle now.

willywilson

Reaction score
Agree with above post- Interior plastic with 303 Aerospace is wonderful. I get a MF clothe a little damp and spray the 303 on there. Keeps things looking new but not greasy looking.

Ive have not used the Sonar Alcantara cleaner yet but that is what people like on other car forums I've been on.

Leather- I use Leaterique Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator, but many detail enthusiasts love Colourlock products, which I am ordering to try.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A ceramic coating will help significantly. I pretty much factor that in to the cost of any dark vehicle now.
I know ceramic make the car look good. I have used Gtechniq or however you spell it myself along with a few others. I hand wash my vehicles, I use proper ceramic detail sprays, ph safe soap from Rupes... and never ever has any of these ceramic coats ever lasted anywhere as long as they say.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree with above post- Interior plastic with 303 Aerospace is wonderful. I get a MF clothe a little damp and spray the 303 on there. Keeps things looking new but not greasy looking.

Ive have not used the Sonar Alcantara cleaner yet but that is what people like on other car forums I've been on.

Leather- I use Leaterique Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator, but many detail enthusiasts love Colourlock products, which I am ordering to try.
Ill have to try this out! My last round of products I used were Koch Chemi, not impressed at all .... damn Germans

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sonax Alcantra & Upholstery cleaner. That and a vacuum are enough for the alcantara.

For the leather you can your the product of your choosing - I like Leatherique and Sonax Leather Foam.

For the rest of the plastics I like 303 Aerospace.
I have never ever tried a 303 product and I have no excuse for it. Ill have to give them a go this weekend.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I never bought my truck in black , I can clean it for hours as soon as it hits the roads it seems if I did nothing. I’m jealous of your white
Ha! Ive owned a few black vehicles through out the years. After each one I said, "Never again." I was looking for a Anti-Matter Blue truck but got this white one at sticker so I jumped on it.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amen on that, looks amazing but white triggers the OCD wayyy less.