Denver +3 noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so my +3 Deavers started creaking and popping when driving especially at slower speeds so I called Deaver and talked to the owner who was great after talking I decided to pull mine and I’m having them blasted and powder coated. Deaver sent me new U-Bolts and bushings to rebuild with I also have new SVC shackles going on when I reinstall so I will let you know how that does for the creaking also the owner of Deaver suggested spraying between the leafs with a spray on Teflon so DuPont Teflon spray is in the garage and be sprayed between the leafs when I put it back together. That’s tomorrow’s project pulling them off the truck and breaking them down!

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it begins! Pulling them off today taking them tomorrow to get powder coated then mid next week rebuild them and install we will see if it is all worth it to get rid of the creaking and popping some should be expected but mine was excessive!

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we will find out Deaver recommended it when I talked with them and when I talked with my powder coaters out here they said it would be fine, I asked that exact question.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I guess we will find out Deaver recommended it when I talked with them and when I talked with my powder coaters out here they said it would be fine, I asked that exact question.
Interesting, after some time, please let us know how it holds up.

Seemed to have been a concensus that it wouldn't holdup but it's Interesting that Deaver recommended it.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will let you guys know how it holds up! Mine were starting to rust and after pulling them apart there was a good bit of rust between the packs so I definitely think it will be better than it was now it’s just a mater of if it holds up compared to if I had just painted them.