Denver +3 noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I have a set on order now and planning to paint Steel-It. And then maintain them with cable lube. Other than that, let them age with grace.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the Deavers back from powder coating and they look great, will start reassembling them tomorrow. Also talked with Scott at Deaver today and he couldn’t be any more helpful. He also confirmed again that powder coating was in his opinion the best way to go. But as we all know powder coating is more durable than painting but when not if it scratched it’s harder to repair if you want powder coated again so just touch up with paint if needed when it gets road/trail rashed! But we will see! Pics to follow when getting them back together.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No the problem I had with the noise in the Deavers was replaced, after the powder coating with about a 2” sag once I got the leafs back on the truck and on the ground. After talking to Jeff at Deaver the only conclusion we could come up with was the heating process was heated up too high and that the leafs themselves relaxed! I will say Jeff was great to work with and ended up warranting the leafs and he shipped me knew ones and I returned the bad ones. Since I have installed the new ones I’ve had zero problems. To do over if I had to I didn’t have a problem dismantling and reassembling the leafs but I would have them sand blasted and painted instead of powder coated due to the heat and me not being able to make sure to control the temp and how long they were baked.