Denver +3 noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my springs about 5 months ago, I started noticed pretty good creaking and squeaking while backing into a parking spot with my windows rolled down. I properly greased the hell out of the bushings during the install and coated the leaf pack with several coats of amsoil metal protector.

I imagine the noise is coming from the individual leafs rubbing together? After some research it sounds like lubing the leaf pack T9 Boeshield works. Anybody have good luck with something specific?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
graphite dry lube and/or wd40 is what I tend to use.

TBH tho, I don't really notice the squeaking over the sound of the bypasses clicking, the proeagle rattling, the exhaust, the rocks hitting the skids, etc etc.

Don't forget the stuff flying out of the bed, LOL!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ever you do DO NOT spray WD40 on the springs, it's a cleaning, degreasing, nut buster solution.
It's the worst stuff ever produced and advertised as a lubricant.

You need a cable/chain spray that doesn't leave a film to collect dirt.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What ever you do DO NOT spray WD40 on the springs, it's a cleaning, degreasing, nut buster solution.
It's the worst stuff ever produced and advertised as a lubricant.

You need a cable/chain spray that doesn't leave a film to collect dirt.

disagree.

There is a reason that desert racers have gallons and gallons of wd40 on the ready.

ya don't even paint the chassis. you wipe it down with wd40.

using WD40 requires regular cleaning and maintenance. If you're going to be lazy, then yes dry film/t9/graphite or whatever.

this is what I have to do to properly clean my truck... ( yes, that's a 40 under the factory hitch.)

vMMGehA.jpg

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The other stuff you mentioned is not the right stuff to use either.
Wire rope lubricant is a non drying, non tacky and no film.

agree to disagree?

doing a full prep for a trip takes me 5-6 weeks if I do it solo. I do a full prep on it 4-5 times a year.

if someone wants to furnish whatever gucci lubricants that you're talking about, I'll use them, but if its my money, being that it won't last long on the truck anyway, I'll use what I've always used.

The only "special" lubricant that I use is on the heims and uniballs.

D

Deleted member 17706

The other stuff you mentioned is not the right stuff to use either.
Wire rope lubricant is a non drying, non tacky and no film.

This is what I use.
My company that I work for, have used this product on there fleet of cranes for over 25 years.
Wire-Rope-Lubricant-TDS-English-4001.pdf (whitmores.com)

View attachment 158166

You got any pics of what your leafs look like? I am open to trying something else.

@zombiekiller your truck is a race truck that is towed to Texas and Cali/Baja for off-road events. What racers do and daily drivers do are two different things.