Delivered to dealer, but not ready for pick up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I got the call last week that the truck had arrived at the dealer, which is about 3.5 hrs away from me. Great news, very excited, been waiting a long time...

Then the sales guy calls back about an hour later with "we have a problem". Laying in the backseat was the windshield wiper arms and blades. They investigated further and Ford delivered the truck to them with no windshield wiper motor as it's not available, I believe due to recall. They're trying to find a new motor, but haven't yet got their hands on one. I'm told they can't deliver the truck to me due to liability issues with not having the required equipment, which I understand.

So, if any of you have a spare wiper motor, ship it my way...

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
This is the 2nd case of this we have heard. Have them pull from another F150. It's the same motor.

lostbriggs

Reaction score
Don’t understand it. Making assumptions here, but I’d venture you sat in awaiting shipment for so long because of the wiper motors, so why not just ship the truck to the dealership to begin with and at least get that part of the elongated process over with.

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read a while back on another thread something about a wiper motor - don't remember if it was installed at factory and didn't work when the dealer did his PPI or ? but response from us forum members was the same . . . take it off another truck etc.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind spending the money you can check the junk yards and buy one off a wrecked 21 or 22 F150, you're in business.

It's a sad state of affairs when a customer has to hunt junk yards for parts to complete their $80K truck.

Last edited:

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the call last week that the truck had arrived at the dealer, which is about 3.5 hrs away from me. Great news, very excited, been waiting a long time...

Then the sales guy calls back about an hour later with "we have a problem". Laying in the backseat was the windshield wiper arms and blades. They investigated further and Ford delivered the truck to them with no windshield wiper motor as it's not available, I believe due to recall. They're trying to find a new motor, but haven't yet got their hands on one. I'm told they can't deliver the truck to me due to liability issues with not having the required equipment, which I understand.

So, if any of you have a spare wiper motor, ship it my way...
I wonder if that's what mine is waiting for.. shows it's finally back at the main plant..sooo hopefully soon. ordered in Oct, built in March and was supposed to ship the last two months..

curious.. how many miles did yours have when it arrived at the dealer?

toolmanglenn

Reaction score
Mileage was in the single digits. Most of it was put on from driving it to the location where they did the spray in liner

OP
OP
cjhoneyman

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
Dealer is still trying to chase down the motor from another dealer. They don't want to cannibalize any other new trucks as they're all sold as well.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage was in the single digits. Most of it was put on from driving it to the location where they did the spray in liner
mine now has 84 :confused: and still 'in production' dealer says... " normal these days..." wait whaat? really?