Deletes, Heated mirrors and heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of our new truck today and had to sign a sheet acknowledging that the auto start/stop and heated steering wheel were missing, it's not a mistake and there will be no retrofit later.
After reading through the long DIY heated steering thread on another form it looks like the shortage is on the clock springs that control the heated steering. You can find them used and retrofit the heated steering.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how come Subaru can do it and Ford cannot!
and a lot others car companies,what is wrong with Ford?
To be fair, I ordered my truck in March and it has less options yet 7k more than when I ordered….still not here. My wife ordered an Infiniti mid September and it showed up missing nothing last weekend.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can retrofit the heated wheel. You need a couple of parts, the steering wheel, and ForScan. You can use the radio to toggle the heated steering off and on. I have a couple of heated steering wheels with the red/orange stitching.
How much $140?

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’d hope since that’s the credit, but far from it.
Yeah it’s in the thousands. The electronic actuator is still there behind the left side of the extended blank that they made for the heated seat button vs just making a small blanked off one like they did for the auto start/stop up top. And the heating element is not in the wheels being delivered currently to Ford. I did confirm that. They even got so sloppy with the design and didn’t want to delay wheels where they still are being delivered with the wiring and pin designator for the heated steering wheel yet there’s no element. So either way you need to toss the current wheel and buy a new one. Luckily I’m in FL and don’t need it, but still would be nice to have the things it had in 2021 with the $7k adjusted msrp since then for less creature comforts. Not a deal breaker either because doesn’t matter what manufacture they are all going through it in some way shape or form.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s in the thousands. The electronic actuator is still there behind the left side of the extended blank that they made for the heated seat button vs just making a small blanked off one like they did for the auto start/stop up top. And the heating element is not in the wheels being delivered currently to Ford. I did confirm that. They even got so sloppy with the design and didn’t want to delay wheels where they still are being delivered with the wiring and pin designator for the heated steering wheel yet there’s no element. So either way you need to toss the current wheel and buy a new one. Luckily I’m in FL and don’t need it, but still would be nice to have the things it had in 2021 with the $7k adjusted msrp since then for less creature comforts. Not a deal breaker either because doesn’t matter what manufacture they are all going through it in some way shape or form.
You can add it for about $1k including the cost of the new steering wheel. You need a clockspring, two 18 ga pigtail wires, and the steering wheel. You can use ForScan to code the APIM to enable the onscreen controls. I have the heated steering wheels with code orange or black stitching.

RaptorUSN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can add it for about $1k including the cost of the new steering wheel. You need a clockspring, two 18 ga pigtail wires, and the steering wheel. You can use ForScan to code the APIM to enable the onscreen controls. I have the heated steering wheels with code orange or black stitching.
Ok and how do you get Forscan and cost of that?