Delete Tow Package on Bronco or Indefinite HOLD?? W-T-F?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
So my Son-in-law has been waiting on his Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch, for over a year now, chip, hardtop etc. like everyone else. He got a call Friday from our Fleet Manager, you need to remove the tow-package or go on an indefinite hold? Has anyone else heard of this, what part of the TP could possibly stop the build?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is talk of tow package delays...

What specifically in the tow package is hard to tell. One thing for sure is that it would be a female dog to install later.

We factory ordered a BL Sas fully loaded and were hoping to get it soon but who knows.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Son-in-law has been waiting on his Bronco WildTrak Sasquatch, for over a year now, chip, hardtop etc. like everyone else. He got a call Friday from our Fleet Manager, you need to remove the tow-package or go on an indefinite hold? Has anyone else heard of this, what part of the TP could possibly stop the build?
Better in the Bronco forum but the wiring harness could be the culprit.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is talk of tow package delays...

What specifically in the tow package is hard to tell. One thing for sure is that it would be a female dog to install later.

I installed the OEM tow hitch and wiring harness on my first edition Bronco. Wasn't hard at all.

20211217_094850.jpg

CAc4s

Reaction score
I received an email from Ford stating the booked orders are just over 60% with the tow package and they can only supply something like 32%, which means a production delay for the unlucky 30ish percent who don't make the cut. I deleted the tow from my build because you can buy the hitch and the wire harness and install them yourself or have the dealer do it. What makes less sense it the two parts are available to buy from Ford.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I also have a Wildtrak on order. The last report I saw was that Ford is only able to fill 35% of the Tow Pack orders. I have not heard about an indefinite hold but I do know the Tow Pack is a hold up. I plan to keep the Tow Pack on my order as I am not in a hurry at this point. I will also be adding the HOSS 3.0 Fox Suspension package when that opens up on 3/9.