Delayed order help/options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain! I gave up on my "unscheduled clean" order from 6/15 and put a deposit on an inbound truck at another dealer that has been stuck in production since 9/28. The same dealer has several trucks after mine and they have showed up "built" and "shipped" after mine. It's definitely frustrating!!! Hoping it is like a previous comment here said and it just shows up, but I losing hope. I am sure it will be worth it when if it finally gets here!!

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, sadly this is nothing new. My 2012 was probably the worst of all orders I've had. I saw it the day it rolled out of the factory. It sat for 2 months on the ramp waiting to ship but never did. Nobody, I mean nobody could tell me why it was sitting there. Come to find out it was maybe held up for a possible power steering hose issue. Didn't find that out till I saw a TSB about it after delivery. I chose the 2014 & 2018 Raptors not to know the build dates etc. and it went alot better not knowing. My 2021 order seems like a repeat of years past since I know build dates.

Jsousa67

Reaction score
I searched Autotrader and found the exact. 21 Raptor I wanted for MSRP. If your willing to take a road trip it’s worth it to save the silly markup

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 37 build was scheduled for 10/25 and I was told yesterday it was pushed back to 11/8. The sales person told me it will not convert to a 2022, but Ford could cancel the build entirely. he told me cancellations usually occur at the end of the year and only involve fleet orders, but he said with supply chain issues regular orders could be canceled as well.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once a VIN is assigned, you cannot change the order. That being said, we are ordering a specialty truck. Its quite literally a Baja truck developed for street use. Hard for me to blame Ford when they are the only company doing this (throwing a Hellcat in a Rebel doesn't count).
I get the frustration, I tried to order a 21 and couldn't get an allocation. I'm *finally* under contract @ MSRP with an allocation for a 37 package, and I don't expect to see until Q1 22.

If you didn't want a specialty truck, just go grab an XLT sitting on the lot, my dealer just got 10 of them.

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found out my truck is done but hasn't been released. The guys at FP said it could be any number of things. It's crazy they can't get the information on why its held up. Oh well, Ive been truckless for 2 months...whats another month or 2. haha

Neil

Reaction score
There are several of us that are stuck in the “in production” phase of our build. My truck was “produced” on 9-22 and I gotten zero updates since. My estimated delivery went from 11/7 to TBD. FP and my dealer although kind worded they have been zero help. My order was confirmed on 6/14 with a 01 priority code, I was assigned a VIN very early. Once everyone mentioned deleting the start stop option and drop the bed liner it will help speed up your order, I asked my dealer about this. I was told since I have a VIN assigned there is nothing they can do. There are hundreds of trucks built after mine and being delivered. Is there any way to contact someone and drop the bed liner or whatever is holding up my truck and get it moving?

I know for doesn’t give a crap about my ******** but I’m to the point I’ll buy a dodge. Screw the TRX it’s not my scene. But this turns me off on Ford (I’ve only owned 13) especially when they say they do not want large volumes on lots anymore and but yet they can’t build a damn truck in a timely manner. I don’t buy the COVID excuse anymore, ford allotted a certain amount of trucks. They knew what they were getting into.

Anyone know where to go from here?
How soon after you placed the order where you assigned a VIN with your 01 priority code?

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How soon after you placed the order where you assigned a VIN with your 01 priority code?
I’ve slept since then but I believe I received it 3+\- weeks after the order was accepted.

It’s been sitting in production since 9-22. My dealer finally pinned down the zone rep and he looked up my order and magically is finally moving along. My truck was never delayed due to the chip shortage, it was just “scheduling issues.” Basically sat in the lot and was forgotten about. ETA 12/4.

I would bet money I was the first order in my area and many trucks have been delivered before mine.