Delayed order help/options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several of us that are stuck in the “in production” phase of our build. My truck was “produced” on 9-22 and I gotten zero updates since. My estimated delivery went from 11/7 to TBD. FP and my dealer although kind worded they have been zero help. My order was confirmed on 6/14 with a 01 priority code, I was assigned a VIN very early. Once everyone mentioned deleting the start stop option and drop the bed liner it will help speed up your order, I asked my dealer about this. I was told since I have a VIN assigned there is nothing they can do. There are hundreds of trucks built after mine and being delivered. Is there any way to contact someone and drop the bed liner or whatever is holding up my truck and get it moving?

I know for doesn’t give a crap about my ******** but I’m to the point I’ll buy a dodge. Screw the TRX it’s not my scene. But this turns me off on Ford (I’ve only owned 13) especially when they say they do not want large volumes on lots anymore and but yet they can’t build a damn truck in a timely manner. I don’t buy the COVID excuse anymore, ford allotted a certain amount of trucks. They knew what they were getting into.

Anyone know where to go from here?

natron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From reading other posts, each dealer has a zone manager. Has your dealer tried reaching out to this person. The way Ford has handled this is bush league. The customers that committed first are getting their truck last. Sitting in limbo not knowing if and when your truck will get built. I work in a plant where we build homes so I know about all the supply issues companies are facing. I don't think we are asking for our trucks to be built in 10 seconds. Just keep us informed in more detail of where are truck is in the process. Is it waiting for graphics or a bed liner to be completed? Is it done just waiting to be shipped? Like the circumstance above, it has been in production for almost a month. What the hell does that even me. If Ford wants more customers to order vehicles instead of buying them off the lot they are going to have to do a lot better.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several of us that are stuck in the “in production” phase of our build. My truck was “produced” on 9-22 and I gotten zero updates since. My estimated delivery went from 11/7 to TBD. FP and my dealer although kind worded they have been zero help. My order was confirmed on 6/14 with a 01 priority code, I was assigned a VIN very early. Once everyone mentioned deleting the start stop option and drop the bed liner it will help speed up your order, I asked my dealer about this. I was told since I have a VIN assigned there is nothing they can do. There are hundreds of trucks built after mine and being delivered. Is there any way to contact someone and drop the bed liner or whatever is holding up my truck and get it moving?

I know for doesn’t give a crap about my ******** but I’m to the point I’ll buy a dodge. Screw the TRX it’s not my scene. But this turns me off on Ford (I’ve only owned 13) especially when they say they do not want large volumes on lots anymore and but yet they can’t build a damn truck in a timely manner. I don’t buy the COVID excuse anymore, ford allotted a certain amount of trucks. They knew what they were getting into.

I bet yours is one of the ones that just shows up and never updates on the tracker. Maybe your dealer (Stanley?) can reach out to zone rep.

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried the zone manager route when I asked to delete the auto start stop. I was told they did speak to the zone manager but nothing could be changed. I’ve been staying in touch with FP and getting the same updates from my dealer. I’ll try the zone manager route again.

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score

I sucks I know. Mine was "produced" on 8-19 and did not update to built awaiting shipping until 10-3. It arrived at my dealer in Houston yesterday. Hold in there..

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s just luck of the draw, some fly out of the factory and others get held possibly for QC issues or just shipping delays. I was at DTP a couple weeks ago for the factory tour, there was a lot just beyond the regular ship lot that had a bunch of Gen 3s that looked like they had been sitting for a long time (wipers up, really dusty, and QC marks).

Will get to you eventually.

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zone manager, FP, Ford and the dealership have no idea what the delay is and cannot give me any idea what’s going on. Nice!

natron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zone manager, FP, Ford and the dealership have no idea what the delay is and cannot give me any idea what’s going on. Nice!
Sorry man, that is not right. If one of those people don't know they should be able to make a few phone calls and find out.