Deep Sleep Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad i just have a key, i dont drive my truck for weeks at a time! In fact it may be months during the winter.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update in deep sleep

Just got the deep sleep message this morning. Ford Performance is closed for the holiday weekend so no help from them until Tuesday.

• Put the vehicle into storage Thursday Dec 14th 10pm
    • Plugged a solar charger into the 12v outlet in console. No electricity available for a 110v tender
  • Remote started from the app Saturday Dec 23rd for 20 minutes
  • Plan was to remote start the vehicle every Saturday
  • Got the "Deep Sleep" message this morning

The app forced "Deep Sleep Mode" after fourteen days of not being driven, even though a remote start was done to the vehicle after nine days. I was hoping that the combination of the solar charger and remote start once a week would be sufficient to keep the battery's charge up.

I've left other vehicles in this same facility for up to three months with no starting issues. I won't be back to the Raptor until end of Feb or later. I'll be bringing a multimeter and a jump start unit with me.

I'll post again as I unravel the process of what to do for long term storage.

Got back to my Raptor Feb 28th after having it sit since Dec 15th. That's two and a half months for those who don't want to do the math. The truck started great...no issues.

I brought a battery pack with me for just in case, but didn't need it.

Happy!

Jrnring

Reaction score
Good post... I'm having similar issues with my truck too.
I Installed earlier this year aux revers lights and a PA system...
A few weeks after that I went on a short weekend trip and got back and found the truck battery completely drained.
And a noise from the front of the truck that sounded like a toc toc.. toc toc.. toc toc...
I imagined some one must have hit my truck while parked at the airport short term parking lot and triggered the alarm.
I got a jump and got the truck to start no problem. A few days later... at my house before going to work... battery was dead again.. I decided to unplug the PA system and seem like that was the cause of the problem.
It worked well for a while but this morning it did it again. It made again the toc toc.. toc toc.. toc toc... noise but the Pa system is disconnected.
Granted I left the truck in my storage place since Thursday parked. I did locked it but it did not sat enough to go into deep sleep mode.
Any ideas?

OP
OP
RedRaptor2018

RedRaptor2018

Reaction score
I gave up. No one has the answer. My aftermarket installers insist their items do not draw once the ignition is off, and there at 10,000 things that could be Ford and only 3 aftermarket items... do the math. Ford says its not us....

I installed an onboard battery charger/minder. When I park it for a few days, I plug it in. Problem solved and I don't have to argue with dealers or installers.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something is draining it as you can tell, get a simple digital amp probe and set it on dc volts, most good ones have a setting you can set for peak hold. Leave on and leave it and check every few hours, then expand time length if your not getting anything. Do truck positive main cable from dealer. Make sure you unplug all aftermarket items. If after a few days you still have no voltage amp draw, you know its not factory and hook up your aftermarket stuff one item at a time. You can isolate the problem this way. Also the meters come in various types and sizes but most do the samething. Anything electronic that holds memory has battery drain or an internal battery, for when vehicle power is not on, you get the idea. Process of isolating untill your rule out things. Once a bttery is fully drained it is damaged to some degree. Hope that helps, and if i dont use my truck for extended periods, which i do, like weeks or months, i always hook up very low battery tenders to keep batteries in good working order. I do this with my lawn mowers, generators, and UTV’s.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
corection i mean DC amps not volts, it will be like a clamp on meter. You put it around the wires your testing.