Deep Sleep Mode activated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacificcoast

Reaction score
I drove about 100 miles today in my brand new 22 OW. Truck was parked in my driveway for about 8 hours and I got a ford pass notification that said, “Remote features disabled to preserve battery.”

I wasn’t sure what this meant, but was kind of shocked when I opened the notification and it said my truck had gone into deep sleep. So I walked out to the truck and noticed as I approached the lights didn’t turn on. I placed my hand on the driver door handle and all of the doors unlocked. I jumped in and none of the ambient lighting was on and neither the digital gauge screen or the infotainment screen were active.

I put my foot on the brake and hit the start button and she fired right up. In the info screen the battery was reading 13.5 V. Took it for a few mile drive, then sat in the driveway for another 30mins with the engine running while I played with the settings.

Should I be worried about this? Is this a common issue? Seems very weird for a brand new truck (under 500 mi) to already have low battery.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 20 tremor f250 does it all the time. It’s hell on my aftermarket audio. Sometimes it works some times I have to disconnect batteries an reset it.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bad TCU Modem or bad battery, although you said the voltage was good.

My TCU has not worked since late November and the part came in a couple of weeks ago. Error in FordPass states "Deep Sleep Mode" and on the Vehicle page it gives the last time FordPass updated with location data...it should be updated if working correctly. Also when at home it no longer connects to WiFi. Truck in the shop today to get replaced.

The TCU is located behind the pax rear seat. You could make sure the connectors are seated properly and or do full reset on the Sync system.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/ford-s...-ford-dealer-cant-fix-can-anyone-help-484796/

redwolf719

Reaction score
There are a couple of reasons that it will go into Deep Sleep mode.

1. Vehicle inactivity for 14 consecutive days.
2. The battery voltage drops below 9.5V.
3. Extremely cold/hot temperatures (not defined what extremely is exactly).
4. After on over-the-air update, the TCU powers down, which causes deep sleep mode.

That said, I have had FordPass report deep sleep mode on my 2022 a few times when it did not meet any of this criteria that I am aware of. Although, it may have completed an OTA. I had driven it 3 days prior. It was in my heated garage at 60 degrees F. The battery voltage was 12.55V.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bad TCU Modem or bad battery, although you said the voltage was good.

My TCU has not worked since late November and the part came in a couple of weeks ago. Error in FordPass states "Deep Sleep Mode" and on the Vehicle page it gives the last time FordPass updated with location data...it should be updated if working correctly. Also when at home it no longer connects to WiFi. Truck in the shop today to get replaced.

The TCU is located behind the pax rear seat. You could make sure the connectors are seated properly and or do full reset on the Sync system.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/ford-s...-ford-dealer-cant-fix-can-anyone-help-484796/
Update: dealer tech installed new TCU & this did not solve the problem. Tech discovered a bad/cracked pin in the wiring harness connector under the dash. Ordered & replaced TCU wiring harness & problem solved.