Deep Sleep Mode Activated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite352

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine went into sleep mode twice while recovering from a broken right foot. No key required, just couldn’t start remotely. Plus it was unlocked in the garage so all I had to do was push the button.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maryland...correct on the key...you’ll need it to unlock the truck. If you have 802A, you’ll need to use the key that is inside the fob...just pull that out and unlock. Then use the start button to start.

Mine goes into deep sleep mode quite a bit as I travel for work. Never once used the key and I have 802A - I usually remote start it before hand with zero issues. Just my experience.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, been reported before here and also findable on google.

Thanks, Smurf! Since I did not know it was a feature, I had no reason to search for it.... ;)

As for the replies on using a key, I did not have to use mine. My truck is an 802A and I locked the doors before I left. I walked up to the truck with the key fob in my pocket and when I grabbed the door handle, it unlocked and opened normally. I got in, pressed the start button with the key fob still in my pocket and it started right up. :cool:

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine in May. It's in deep sleep mode more than it's not.

It sounds like you need to drive your truck more often! :D

I have less than 11,000 miles on mine in 18 months and this is the first time it has sat for more than 14 days in a row.

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me last week. My battery completely died to the point where I couldn’t jump it or charge it. I put a new battery in and everything works fine, except my FordPass app is still reporting that the truck is still in deep sleep mode. Is there a trick to turning that off?

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... except my FordPass app is still reporting that the truck is still in deep sleep mode. Is there a trick to turning that off?

My notice went off automatically after I started it. You might have to take it in to a dealer to get them to reset it. I would say to try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer, but it sounds like you already did that when you replaced it!

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maryland...correct on the key...you’ll need it to unlock the truck. If you have 802A, you’ll need to use the key that is inside the fob...just pull that out and unlock. Then use the start button to start.
but there is no key hole on the doors of the truck

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't need the key in deep sleep unless your battery actually dies. Keyfob works just fine.

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My notice went off automatically after I started it. You might have to take it in to a dealer to get them to reset it. I would say to try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer, but it sounds like you already did that when you replaced it!
I disconnected the negative terminal and waited 5 minutes. That did the trick! Everything is back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20