Deep Sleep / Battery Issue - gauge reads 14.5v

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this applicable to Gen 3s?
It just so happens that only a couple days ago I became aware of the issue, so I have not had much time to research. But I believe the BCM update for this applies to all 2021+ Superduty and F150 vehicles. I will have to investigate further to find out specifics.

OP
OP
CTK59

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Check charge with a multimeter every morning for a week.
Checked charge this AM after sitting most of the day yesterday with multi-meter .. 11.8V

Purchased the Victron Energy Blue Smart Battery Charger (arrives Tuesday), give that a try and take it from there. Question -> Never used a battery charger, assuming have to remove the battery cables from posts before starting a charge (apologies for newbie question)?

Last edited:

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to remove the cables.

There might be a specific place where you need to attach the negative cable, due to the electronics.

The positive clamp goes to the positive battery post.

Ask FTO (Ford Tech One). I have no idea on the Gen 3’s.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you have a warranty, let the dealer f8gure it out. If not...

You have a draw. Remove the negative battery cable and place the multimeter in line. One side on the cable, other on the battery negative post.

download (5).jpeg

Pull one fuse at a time to narrow down the circuit that has a draw.

Not sure what the acceptable amperage draw is. @FordTechOne can you help this guy out?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a warranty, let the dealer f8gure it out. If not...

You have a draw. Remove the negative battery cable and place the multimeter in line. One side on the cable, other on the battery negative post.

View attachment 385517

Pull one fuse at a time to narrow down the circuit that has a draw.

Not sure what the acceptable amperage draw is. @FordTechOne can you help this guy out?
Max allowable draw is 50 mA (0.050A) after all modules have gone to sleep, which takes 45-60 mins.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It's been mentioned a few times on the forum so far, but I don't know if there has been a solution. Mine finally did this on Monday for the first time, and it only sat for 3 hours after a 20-mile drive to work.

I had a different post asking about aftermarket battery options. Another member said that the factory battery is just as good as all the other aftermarket brands, but I just can't wrap my head around that one. I really don't think Ford spent the money on these batteries or maybe because of production issues they let them sit for a long period of time before they shipped out and therefore these things are toast.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/battery-replacement-size-and-jump-pack.94940/

Step one for me is getting a proper jump pack, as I already have cables in the truck. Step two, I am waiting for some type of sale or mail-in rebate on the X2 Power Premium Battery and I will be stopping into a store locally by me to take some measurements to see what fits. When I had to remove my battery and tray to find my AUX wires last week, it seemed like the tray was about 2" bigger than the battery, maybe a little bit more. I'm wondering what type of battery I can fit in there.

The X2 is the only battery I know of that has a 4-year warranty. The red tops, yellow tops and interstate are all 3 year. In the land of Jeeps where I was for the past 14 years, we wouldn't put too much priority on AH but rather the CCA, along with the weight of the battery. More lead equals more run time. I just like that extra year of warranty if they are all almost similar, but I would love to hear some feedback from other members. I'm sure the yellow tops and red tops will go on sale of some sort in the next 6 months.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli94ragmdp

Having a proper working battery really helps to sort out electrical problems. As soon as the battery has issues all sorts of weird electrical gremlins come out. I'd love to hear from anyone running a different battery.
If you're in the market for a jump pack, I'd recommend the Gooloo GT 4000.

In my opinion it's the best, actually a little overkill, however, my battery is approaching 4 years old and sometimes I'm way out on a forest road shooting with no cell service.

The Hulkman is another great product but I preferred the 100W vs. the 65W charger among other things so I opted for the Gooloo.

Attachments

• Gooloo 4000.jpg
    Gooloo 4000.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Charger, 100W.jpg
    Charger, 100W.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l400(25).jpg
    s-l400(25).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l400(18).jpg
    s-l400(18).jpg