Decisions Decisions... Your thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Get thee to the Ford website and configure the Rap you want.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! What a GREAT forum and great advice. I appreciate all of you taking the time to reply and offer me the insight here. Thank you all so much!

Ok...so! That pretty much settles THAT "decision!" LOL! I am freakin EXCITED! We now move into "WHEN."

The good thing here is that I have options and as time continues, I continue to pay down both of the current vehicles, so that's all positive.

In terms of "when"... I know it's a great time of year to jump on the 2019's, but what about waiting for the 2020's? Given the financials, I'm not sure that would be "worth" all of the increased pricing. I would bet I could get a pretty fair deal on a 2019 still.

There are some specifics that I would LOVE to have and since I'm going in deep, I think I should HAVE them and not settle! I want that grey color with those gun metallic wheels and not the polished aluminum wheels. Any thoughts there? Is that a certain configuration/model I need to look for?
a 2019 will be cheaper but you wont be able to order one so you will have to find it somewhere. there are no major changes for 2020, only worth getting it if you wanted one of the different colors or you couldnt find the spec you wanted. go to all the local dealers that have them and look at the colors and options in person to narrow down exactly what you want. pictures dont do the truck justice.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I had my corvette, i drove the snot out of it. 40k miles in 3 years. I have never been the fan of the garage queen mentality.

Sell both, get one vehicle you enjoy......drive it until you get tired of it, then get the next best thing.

Reaction score
Your post had a lot of rambling and before I would get carried away with figuring out how to afford it, I would test drive one if you haven't done so yet. The people on this forum (including myself) are jaded and think that it's the best truck. When I first test drove the truck I was surprised by how rough it rode when all everyone talked about how great and plush the suspension was. However, I think the tire pressure was at 45psi at the dealer and Ford recommends 38F/R. I think the consensus around year is something around 38F/36R to 36F/34R for highway driving for best tire life and comfort. I'm just saying that if you think it rides too rough to your liking, then suggest the dealer to air down to at least 38/38. I assume that Ford sets them at high pressure based on that they don't know what climate they are going to or how long they are going to sit.

I am a little confused about how you have both a 2017 truck and a Corvette, but are worried about the price of a Raptor. I would just assume that if you have the income to buy a new (2017) truck and a corvette, then you have the income to break even on them or take a loss and buy a Raptor. I hate to think about the payments of a car as the purchase as you can either afford it or you can't, but it seems like after insurance and everything you are going to have about the same expenditure per month for the same amount of months as you do now.

Now, a Raptor will not go as fast as a Corvette, and it will not be able to tow/haul as much as your 1500. If you don't care about those, then it kind of seems like a no brainer.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a post that better represents first world problems...LOL. I agree with most that selling both and buying/daily driving the Raptor is the way to go and you will have a blast!!! In the future you can always pick up a different sports car if you start missing it.

Reaction score
Also a couple more points.

I don't know how much you have been following along but if you are from the midwest or willing to drive to the midwest, people are getting Raptors at Invoice. I myself did.

One thing that annoys me about the truck and I knew full well before I got it was how wide it is. Mirror to Mirror is the same as a regular F-150, but tire edge to tire edge is not. I don't mind parking far away and walking to make sure that I don't park next to other cars, but that isn't always an option. It also makes parking an experience where you have to think and focus instead of just winging it. I love the 360 view camera, and saves me from getting out and realizing that I am too close or over parking lines. If I go into the city, I take the Highlander so I don't have to futz with parking and getting around tight spots. Kudos to the guys that offset their wheels more than stock.

OP
OP
MattRobPhoto

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the great info! Going to dealerships today and tomorrow to check them out in person. Taking the car in tomorrow at 11am for "appraisal" at one of the dealerships!

I will keep everyone posted here and we'll see what happens!

OP
OP
MattRobPhoto

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
I talked to a dealership guy #1 on the phone. Very nice (of course he was!) but he broke down the process for me. He said, "Bring the car in, we'll look at it, appraise it and we can then agree on a number. Then do the same with the truck. Then we can look at your new Raptor from there."

Pretty simple process and in line with what was advised here.

Dealership Guy #2 said, "I've been selling cars for 300years and I know the market. No need to bring the car, just bring me the window sticker and the VIN and we'll go from there. I want to see the truck though." My opinion is he's a ******! I GET that he is no nonsense and gets to the point, but I'm in professional sales for medical devices, so I know "something" about sales. Again, ******. (eye roll)

I'm gonna dust off the car tonight and to guy #1 at 11am tomorrow. We'll see what happens there.

I'm set on Magnetic Grey with the forged beadlock wheels. Don't care much if there is a moon roof or not.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do yourself a huge favor before you test drive and air down the tires to something like 36F- 34R. When I picked up my truck was at 52 psi in all 4 corners. If you do not do this you will go home extremely disappointed.
Good Luck!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR