Decisions Decisions 2022 Raptor order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So my saga started one year ago when I ordered a 2022 pretty much loaded Raptor from a dealer in a medium sized town. They "guessed" about 6 months to get the truck. After months of Ford Performance replies of "Unscheduled Clean", it turned into "Balanced Out" back in August or September.

Since I didn't know if my truck would ever come I ordered a TRX in March and was told that I would have a VIN in a week and a truck in 3 months or so. I did get the VIN in a week and subscribed to the TRX Forum and submitted my VIN only to see hundreds of VINs after mine getting built and mine getting passed up. At the time I ordered the TRX being able to buy one for MSRP (which this was) seemed to be a good deal. The truck finally came last week but now you can order them for $9k under so I don't think that I'm going to take it.

After getting balanced out, my Raptor got "reordered" as a 2023 in September. I think that I was originally told that they had an allocation but in fact didn't. Now they say the first Raptor in will be mine but they still have no timeline. Since all of the "in-stock" Raptors seem to be thousands over MSRP I was happy to find a 2022 just like mine coming to another dealer and settled at $2k over MSRP to be able to end the wait. It is due into the other dealer in a week or two. So.....that's my story.

Here is the question: I'm sick of waiting and am willing to take a slight hit to get a truck. From what I know it seems like in stock Raptors still have an ADP of $5k to $20k depending on the part of the country. I'm sure with my luck that when I take the 2022 at $2k ADP that my 2023 will get picked and get built. If that happens I will want to sell the low mile 2022 with as little hit as possible. Based on the market and what these are bringing, relative to MSRP, what is the opinion on what a couple month old '22 in perfect condition would bring.

I also have an R that is still an active Unscheduled Clean order that I may or may not ever see. If that does in fact get built, that would be my final truck but with the limited number of those, I'm not holding my breath.

Thoughts?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re not in the best Raptor shopping market. The economy is going south, interest rates are going up, credit is tightening and Ford isn’t able to deliver on trucks. This is a golden goose for greedy stealerships.

If you want a Raptor, patience is basically your only option without Fúck You Money.

You’d probably be able to turn around a gently used ’22 model for MSRP +/- a couple grand. Remember, interest rates are up, financing is tighter. The demand is there, but creditors are taking a harder look at most buyers now.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Personally I refuse to pay ADM. That said, sounds like you’re ok with a $2,000 ADM. Take the truck for $2,000 over and enjoy it. My guess is if the R comes in you’ll be able to sell the current Raptor for close to what you paid for it.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
$2000 +/- is within the acceptable margin of error. If it's the best you can do today, it's the best deal that includes you driving an actual raptor in a week.

Pay the money and enjoy the truck, knowing most have paid more than you and many, like me, paid msrp but a higher msrp due to price changes mid order. Meaning, you never know what the actual price is gonna be when the truck shows up, at least you have a known quantity of dollars going out.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Way to optimistic, your 22 will be 8 months old before you get your 23. Then you are getting a R? Why not just skip the 23 and get the R?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Is the one coming in a week not good enough to cancel the '23 order? Meaning that you would not be happy with it. If you would be, skip the '23. If not i would skip the '22. Like smurf said, not a good time for buyers right now. Even at MSRP unless you are paying cash, interest rates are getting stupid.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
2k over list? I’m not against ADP. I paid over list for my ‘21. Only if it’s a fully loaded Raptor. Not one of these watered down Raptors with no appliqué, heated steering wheel, ambient light, tailgate step, etc. Why pay more for less?3124D4D0-5A2B-487B-9C98-4103E8087E65.jpeg108C457B-F156-490B-9DC7-4F849D7B7DF4.jpeg

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming folks are ordering from dealers that actually have allocations I just don't get why they order multiple vehicles from different dealers and then choose which one they want after it comes in. It really screws the other guy wanting to place an order and not being able to find a dealer with an allocation.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Assuming folks are ordering from dealers that actually have allocations I just don't get why they order multiple vehicles from different dealers and then choose which one they want after it comes in. It really screws the other guy wanting to place an order and not being able to find a dealer with an allocation.
The problem is dishonest stealers sometimes lie or obfuscate when confronted with the ugly allocation question. We can’t make them be honest and with the number of stealers out there stringing potential Raptor buyers along with no allocation and no hope of ever getting one, this is the only way a buyer can actually get a Raptor in today’s market. I don’t like it, but that’s literally how it is. You can way 14-18 months to get your truck, maybe or you can make several orders and stand a slightly better chance of getting your truck in as little as 9-12 months by making multiple orders from multiple stealerships.