Deciding on a used 2013 Raptor. SHOCKS ..will the dealer ever admit they need to be replaced before selling you a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up in Joshua tree, so cal. Also ditch the charge pellet style nitrogen fill and thread in some conventional schrader valves

KANRAPTORBB

Reaction score
I just bought new shocks on rock auto. I kept going through my head about rebuilding them or not. I literally bought new ones a couple of days ago. It cost me about 1600.00.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we bought my girlfriends truck at 98k miles. i told the sales rep that due to the mileage, the shocks need rebuild and spark plugs need changing. i told them it was $1500 to do both. the did not hesitate to mark down the truck $1500 to make these repairs in order to make the sale. we got a pretty good deal already, and since i can do the spark plugs myself for $100 for the plugs, i dont mind the shock rebuild cost, as its still less than what they discounted. more money in my pocket. i would offer the dealer the same, spark plugs and shock rebuild/replacements and see if they will negotiate

OP
OP
G

Gman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. The I am going thru with the sale. I got them to replace both front CV axle shafts anyway because of a torn boot I saw on the underside inspection. Otherwise this truck looks solid. If I have to eat the cost of shocks later on myself....then so be it. I need this truck already!!! Shipping from Az. to NY.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a race red 2019 Raptor at a Ram dealer and the tires were bald. I mentioned to the salesman and his manager that the tires were too unsafe to sell as-is. The dealer countered that they would replace the tires “with the best available” tires. Funny. The dealer would not commit to a size or brand, so I left. They keep trying to grab you by the ankles as you head to your car.

will61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor Shocks on a 2013 with 100+K miles. Will the dealer ever admit they need to be replaced before selling you a Raptor? Or do you all just accept that there is probably a $2000+ bill waiting for you shortly after the purchase. It seems that NO dealer even knows that the shocks need service or will admit that there are predetermined intervals as per the manufacturers specs from FOX. For some reason I have been focusing on this as a deal breaker.
It's shame that you have to educate the dealer on shock life. Most dealers are scummy :(