Deciding on a used 2013 Raptor. SHOCKS ..will the dealer ever admit they need to be replaced before selling you a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gman

Reaction score
Raptor Shocks on a 2013 with 100+K miles. Will the dealer ever admit they need to be replaced before selling you a Raptor? Or do you all just accept that there is probably a $2000+ bill waiting for you shortly after the purchase. It seems that NO dealer even knows that the shocks need service or will admit that there are predetermined intervals as per the manufacturers specs from FOX. For some reason I have been focusing on this as a deal breaker.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren’t going to changed them out, they are selling used as is.
the shock exchange program isn’t that expensive, it’s a wearable part. Should not be a deal breaker

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shock exchange should be less than $1000. Try using as a negotiating point, but as others have said it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I typically spend around $700 or so having my shocks rebuilt locally. I did pick up a second set though (found a stupid deal on them) - makes it much easier to rotate through since the rebuild typically takes a week or two and the truck is dead in the water without them. That reminds me, I'm about due.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Dought any warranty will take care of a consumable part . I charge 100$ a shock to rebuild, if brought to me off the vehicle. That's parts and labor. Obviously a little more labor if I have to take them off of the vehicle.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Dought any warranty will take care of a consumable part . I charge 100$ a shock to rebuild, if brought to me off the vehicle. That's parts and labor. Obviously a little more labor if I have to take them off of the vehicle.
That's a good deal - which means you are probably nowhere near me. :)

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically spend around $700 or so having my shocks rebuilt locally. I did pick up a second set though (found a stupid deal on them) - makes it much easier to rotate through since the rebuild typically takes a week or two and the truck is dead in the water without them. That reminds me, I'm about due.

Who have you used in the past that's local?