Decided to remove my tune...risk vs reward just didn't make sense....some observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What many like is not only the peak number gained by the tune. But rather the power gains under the entire curve and how it comes on. It can certainly transform this already good performer into a lot more.

I realize Ford has mileage, emissions and longevity to worry about. It almost sounds like the Gen 3 is only going to get a retune by Ford for just a little more peak power and to improve drive-ability overall(power wise).

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Well I guess you can never drive anything with less than 500 horsepower ever again. Good luck with a rental when you travel.
Who said I can’t drive it??? It’s just simply not as enjoyable. I come from a race bike background so I don’t think I could ever have enough power in my truck or any 4 wheel car to shock me. But that’s not to say I can’t feel when I am missing 100hp.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my stage 2 Goosetune, not only do I never (though I should start) use sport mode, I rarely ever go full throttle. A stock Raptor feels like grandpa’s truck by comparison.

Stock Raptor - 450hp via old retired chain smoking beer drinking obese Clydesdales.

Goosetuned Raptor - over 500hp via young thoroughbred Arabians who are on coke and steroids.

The extra power isn’t exactly the most noticeable difference.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll have to try that, I don't think I ever drove in that yet because all I ever towed so far was a landscape trailer with a bike on it. You couldn't even tell something was being towed.
I don't use it much myself, I tend to drive like an old Grandpa in a pickup ...

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor is not tuned and it is a blast to drive. If your tunes are giving you "sport mode like performance" why bother with a tune? Hit the button for sport mode and don't risk damaging your truck and buy some lights instead.

Not worth the risk and the truck has more than enough power in OEM configuration.

Livernois is known for safe, reliable tunes, so it isn't his tune. These tunes with silly names, whom I won't mention, are a red flags in my mind.