Decided to remove my tune...risk vs reward just didn't make sense....some observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The “first” tune available for Raptors seemed to be cobb which is a “reputable” company & for the longest time people were lying $500 for a 1/2 ass 1/2 a generic tune w/ NO TCM tuning/adjustment. So there’s that.

the biggest thing I like about running the gearhead tune on my truck isn’t necessarily the additional power, it’s how smooth the power delivery is & how smooth/seamless/on point the transmission shifting/behavior is

when stock I would primarily run in sport mode - once you know how it behaves you can modulate them throttle so it doesn’t hang on gears or bang shifts - it just requires much less throttle input @ certain rpm....but in stock trim I prefer sport for the more immediate response & the auto start/stop being permanently off

wonder if there’s a way w/ forscan to have the truck automatically default to sport mode when you start it up?
Forscan can’t permanently change your default drive mode, from startup. Many have wished.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyway, I do my OWN TUNES and I can tell you for SURE that you guys who say "stock is enough power for me", that's no problem. Just go hang out with the girls in the colored bulbs, floor mats, and stickers area.
I LIKE hanging out with the girls! I let them do their shopping and get distracted and they don't even notice I slipped them a few roofies.

More power is always great. But, since I plan on keeping my truck a long time and have an 8 year warranty, I'm not willing to trash that for an occasional blast. It's just not a worthwhile trade off for me.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I LIKE hanging out with the girls! I let them do their shopping and get distracted and they don't even notice I slipped them a few roofies.

More power is always great. But, since I plan on keeping my truck a long time and have an 8 year warranty, I'm not willing to trash that for an occasional blast. It's just not a worthwhile trade off for me.
LOL Well, you have point there Oldfart! Yeah, if you bought the long warranty then it wouldn't be smart to install a tune or anything else aftermarket in the drive train.

However, being an old fart(!) myself, I'll just tune it up, along my other Ecoboost vehicles, to suit my fancy. I've read my new Explorer ST with the 3.0 TTEB w/10spd can run low 12s and occasional high 11s with just a tune, so I'll be going there with mine, of course!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL Well, you have point there Oldfart! Yeah, if you bought the long warranty then it wouldn't be smart to install a tune or anything else aftermarket in the drive train.

However, being an old fart(!) myself, I'll just tune it up, along my other Ecoboost vehicles, to suit my fancy. I've read my new Explorer ST with the 3.0 TTEB w/10spd can run low 12s and occasional high 11s with just a tune, so I'll be going there with mine, of course!
I like those Explorers, especially gray with black wheels so everyone thinks you are an unmarked state cop and will get out of your way.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s in your opinion of course. For me, and many others here, nothing has enough power in OEM configuration. Nothing.
If I had a 1500hp Bugatti Chiron, I would be researching mods that add power.
So what's your point.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not an idiot for tuning your Raptor and enjoying mo powah baby.
You're not an idiot for not tuning your Raptor and preserving the warranty on your $75k truck.
Everybody has different risk tolerances.
Nobody is more or less of a man because of his risk tolerance about a financial decision.
The end.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like speed as much as the next guy. I’ve been on track in my former 911 eleven times. And my M5 was 600 hp. Yeah, I’m old and feeble when it comes to G forces, and putting the pedal to the metal in the M5 made me sick to my stomach and blurred my vision, the takeoff was so severe and fast.
Ty. But I’ll take my Raptor stock.