Decided to remove my tune...risk vs reward just didn't make sense....some observations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tune has been on for a year and about 8,000 miles.

Running a 93 tune, and I always get top tier 93 gas, but every now and then I was slight knock when doing pulls in 3rd gear.

I decided to revert back to stock for the ECU and the trans tune. You know what....I don't miss the extra power at all. The transmission is shifting much smoother, and water temps are down about 10 degrees.

I will just sit on it for a while, but I am thinking I will just keep it stock. The extra power as I said is not missed, and I like backing off the stress level of the motor a little.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must of had a really crappy tune. Whenever I take my GooseTuned tune off to go to the dealership the truck is a complete ****. Shifts are lazy and it feels like I am down 2 cylinders.

I see the same thing with my GooseTuned - I have not noticed any knocks... I find that I do not use sport mode near as much as I did prior to the tune. IMO, running in sport mode pre-tune is like running in normal mode with GooseTuned - Sport mode with Goose is next level..

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I see the same thing with my GooseTuned - I have not noticed any knocks... I find that I do not use sport mode near as much as I did prior to the tune. IMO, running in sport mode pre-tune is like running in normal mode with GooseTuned - Sport mode with Goose is next level..
I hardly ever switch to sport mode.