Decided to go mid travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to go all the way, all at the same time, and have the checkbook to fund it, F-150.

Anything less, I'd still pick raptor as the starting platform.

What he said. He's right. a lot of engineering went into the 'basics' of the raptor. It's a great platform to start with, or just romp around in.
think of a rock crawler starting from Jeep.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
$690 for a third brake light?! That's insane!

if $690 is the difference between having a fun run because you have proper chase lights Vs. have a shit run because no one could see you in the dust and you got rear-ended by a truck doing 50 mph, I'd say that 3rd brake light isn't overpriced.

Just like with racing, buying the vehicle is the cheapest thing about this hobby.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about the chase light, but the price seems to be taking advantage of that.
I like the looks and the sweet option for the antennae, just seems high to me. MHO.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I agree about the chase light, but the price seems to be taking advantage of that.
I like the looks and the sweet option for the antennae, just seems high to me. MHO.

the BP diesel NMO is what? $300?

Then add 3 BD S2 sports at another $300...

Does that 3rd brake light housing and the wiring harness not seem like it is worth $100?

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to get in anyone's face, but yes it all sounds too expensive for what it is, a third light.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to get in anyone's face, but yes it all sounds too expensive for what it is, a third light.
Its not a 3rd light. It's a dust chase light that mounted on top of the cab. A proper dust light and placement is every bit worth it. Even at $1000 still worth it. They make good products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free