Decent Road tire recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a daily driver as well, 55 mi each way. I'm running Yokohama Geolander MTs, and they are the best tires I've had. Smooth and fairly quiet on road, and awesome in mud.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agree with @500mag! I originally liked the aggressive tread design and the price was less than anything else I was looking at. Best choice I could have made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GEAngulo09

Reaction score
Question,

I tried looking at the tire and wheel thread but couldn't find the answer. I just got new tires, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 same size as original/stock tire 315/70R17. Got all 4 balanced but i feel like my steering wheel still shakes a bit. My qs is, did anyone had to re-aligned their truck even though your putting on the same tire size/spec.?

I do notice this tire a bit wider, sticks out more but i thought since its same size no alignment needed to be done only balance. I may be wrong, so thats why i decided to ask on here.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is my daily driver... What's out there that has a decent Road ride but can still perform for the odd off road outing ?

Hands down, Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They ride like a Cadillac on pavement, and perform great off-road. I've had K02s , KM3s and these. No contest whatsoever IMO. These blow the BFGs away if you spend most of your time on pavement.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands down, Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They ride like a Cadillac on pavement, and perform great off-road. I've had K02s , KM3s and these. No contest whatsoever IMO. These blow the BFGs away if you spend most of your time on pavement.
All three tires on the Raptor?
Which Nitto Ridge, the Grappler or the Grappler G2?
What percent do you off-road?
What mileage life have you gotten from the Nittos?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is all pavement driven and I love my Ridge Grapplers. I'm sure they suck in ice though, given the lack of siping. I leave it in the garage when there is ice and salt on the roads, so that is not an issue for me.

I ran the Bridgestone Duelers on my old F150. They are as tame as you are going to find for an LT/AT tire. Lightweight, quiet, ride nice. Winter traction was good enough with 4WD. Definitely much quieter than the Ridge Grapplers, which are pretty damn quiet given their blocky tread pattern.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is all pavement driven and I love my Ridge Grapplers. I'm sure they suck in ice though, given the lack of siping. I leave it in the garage when there is ice and salt on the roads, so that is not an issue for me.

I ran the Bridgestone Duelers on my old F150. They are as tame as you are going to find for an LT/AT tire. Lightweight, quiet, ride nice. Winter traction was good enough with 4WD. Definitely much quieter than the Ridge Grapplers, which are pretty damn quiet given their blocky tread pattern.

Don't know which Duelers you ran, but I ran a set of Dueler Revos, then a set of Revo 2 on an '01 F150. Didn't get very good mileage from the Revo 2's. And considered them noisy for the tread design. Wouldn't have put a third set of Revos on. Don't know the track record of the newer Dueler Revo 3.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know which Duelers you ran, but I ran a set of Dueler Revos, then a set of Revo 2 on an '01 F150. Didn't get very good mileage from the Revo 2's. And considered them noisy for the tread design. Wouldn't have put a third set of Revos on. Don't know the track record of the newer Dueler Revo 3.

Sorry- I should have said they were Revos. I ran three sets, one was Revo and two were Revo 2s. I would get about 35K miles before I swapped them out. I don't run it to the wear bars though, so I could have gotten more. They were always very quiet on my truck.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry- I should have said they were Revos. I ran three sets, one was Revo and two were Revo 2s. I would get about 35K miles before I swapped them out. I don't run it to the wear bars though, so I could have gotten more. They were always very quiet on my truck.
I got 45K on the Revo and 40K on the Revo 2. The Revo 2 was noiser than the Revo. Same tread design. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts