Decal removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine came off very easy, just used my finger nail to pull up a corner. I washed the area, then clay bar the stuff that was left, wash again then wax

OP
OP
HAWKTX

HAWKTX

Reaction score
She's done! Turned it good! I ended up having an auto body guy I have used since 1994 do it. $50 bucks and 20 mins. He thought I was crazy! He said "you know how much they charge for those decals??" LOL!!!!!

CaVt1YuqwYpXRhd-rz6BbnNb-hOrJsecwZ0=w1664-h1248-no.png

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He thought I was crazy! He said "you know how much they charge for those decals??" LOL!!!!!

Looks good! Yea, they cost alot, but they effectively depreciate to zero immediately. You're not going to get an extra $1k in resale value because you have a bedside graphic. There will be some buyer's who want the graphic, but just as many who don't care, or explicitly don't want it. So the idea that removing the graphic is throwing away money doesn't hold water. That money was thrown out the second you drove it off the lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HAWKTX

HAWKTX

Reaction score
Looks good! Yea, they cost alot, but they effectively appreciate to zero immediately. You're not going to get an extra $1k in resale value because you have a bedside graphic. There will be some buyer's who want the graphic, but just as many who don't care, or explicitly don't want it. So the idea that removing the graphic is throwing away money doesn't hold water. That money was thrown out the second you drove it off the lot.

Exactly! Good point.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pay someone to remove a decal you are simply a retard and should not be driving in the first place.

Step 1: get a heat gun, not a blow dryer

Step 2: use heat gun on decal, not too close and keep it moving. you do not need fishing line for decals, that is only helpful for removing metal/plastic type badging.
Use only enough heat to slowly peel it off. Heat guns get burn your ******* hand off hot real quick, so just need to be smart and use the low setting.

step 3: peel that shit off slow

Step 4: use goo gone to remove residue

done

this applies to every decal on or in the truck. easy to remove.

haven't decided myself if I want to take off the raptor sticker on the bed. every other one has been rid of. don't much care who knows or does not know it's a raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HAWKTX

HAWKTX

Reaction score
If you pay someone to remove a decal you are simply a retard and should not be driving in the first place.

Step 1: get a heat gun, not a blow dryer

Step 2: use heat gun on decal, not too close and keep it moving. you do not need fishing line for decals, that is only helpful for removing metal/plastic type badging.
Use only enough heat to slowly peel it off. Heat guns get burn your ******* hand off hot real quick, so just need to be smart and use the low setting.

step 3: peel that shit off slow

Step 4: use goo gone to remove residue

done

this applies to every decal on or in the truck. easy to remove.

haven't decided myself if I want to take off the raptor sticker on the bed. every other one has been rid of. don't much care who knows or does not know it's a raptor.

I've never been called a "retard" before, but thanks for the input. Happy Friday!

MR JB

Reaction score
I’m thinking about removing the RAPTOR decal on the truck bed sides. Has anyone done this? I saw some things on YouTube about using a blow dryer to heat the decal up and slowly remove it and then use GOO GONE on a microfiber towel to remove the sticky residue. Any steps or recommendations would be appreciated. I’m just not a decal guy.