Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Decal removal

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by HAWKTX, Feb 23, 2020.

Adam's Polishes
  1. HAWKTX

HAWKTX Member

I’m thinking about removing the RAPTOR decal on the truck bed sides. Has anyone done this? I saw some things on YouTube about using a blow dryer to heat the decal up and slowly remove it and then use GOO GONE on a microfiber towel to remove the sticky residue. Any steps or recommendations would be appreciated. I’m just not a decal guy.

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

I had my tint guy remove my hood stripes when he did my tint. He said it was a pain in the nuts and the glue sucked. I think he charged me $50 for if I remember correctly.

HAWKTX likes this.
  3. HAWKTX

HAWKTX Member

That makes it easy. I’ll be calling my body shop guy. Thanks for the feedback.

4. AFPhysO

AFPhysO Member

Removing decals is easy. You can use a piece of fishing line in a sawing motion to cut through the adhesive. Once the badge is off, use an eraser wheel to remove most of the tape on the truck, then spray on some Rapid Remover to get off the last bit of residue. Takes maybe 10 min at most and you can buy all that stuff for less than $50, then you’ll be able to debadge tons of vehicles.

5. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

I removed mine a couple weeks back. As others stated, it's easy. Apply some heat (heat gun or hair dryer) and pull. It even helps if the decal has been sitting in the sun for a while. I definitely noticed it came up easier on the sunny side of the bed over the shaded side.

Getting the adhesive up was the more cumbersome part for me. I used goo gone, let it sit for a while, then rub off with a microfiber towel. Be liberal with the goo gone.

Be warned thought that if your paint has faded at all, you may see a different shade under the decal once removed.

6. goblues38

goblues38 FRF Addict

wait till summer.....let the car warm up in the sun...pull them off like butter

Booth9999 and MFNG like this.
  7. MFNG

MFNG Full Access Member

3F99E6F6-6207-45BD-BFC4-4D3B60226104.jpeg
    +1. My Gen1 came w some weird “F-150” decals - this can’t be stock, right?! - on the front quarter panels. Peeled them off by hand no problem in the summer.

HAWKTX likes this.
  8. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

It's surely easier in the summer, but it's not that hard to do in the winter either. Then again, I'm dealing with a Texas winter of 65 C and sunny.

MFNG likes this.
  9. HAWKTX

HAWKTX Member

I’m in Texas as well. We have good weather coming up. I’ll report back. Thanks for the feedback fellas!

MFNG likes this.
  10. Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever Full Access Member

65 C?!? Wow, it sure gets hot down in TX in the winter! 65 Celcius = 149 Fahrenheit! ;)

Booth9999 and Rod Caldwell like this.