Decal removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAWKTX

Reaction score
I’m thinking about removing the RAPTOR decal on the truck bed sides. Has anyone done this? I saw some things on YouTube about using a blow dryer to heat the decal up and slowly remove it and then use GOO GONE on a microfiber towel to remove the sticky residue. Any steps or recommendations would be appreciated. I’m just not a decal guy.

Grizzly

Reaction score
I had my tint guy remove my hood stripes when he did my tint. He said it was a pain in the nuts and the glue sucked. I think he charged me $50 for if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
HAWKTX

HAWKTX

Reaction score
I had my tint guy remove my hood stripes when he did my tint. He said it was a pain in the nuts and the glue sucked. I think he charged me $50 for if I remember correctly.

That makes it easy. I’ll be calling my body shop guy. Thanks for the feedback.

AFPhysO

Reaction score
Removing decals is easy. You can use a piece of fishing line in a sawing motion to cut through the adhesive. Once the badge is off, use an eraser wheel to remove most of the tape on the truck, then spray on some Rapid Remover to get off the last bit of residue. Takes maybe 10 min at most and you can buy all that stuff for less than $50, then you’ll be able to debadge tons of vehicles.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I removed mine a couple weeks back. As others stated, it's easy. Apply some heat (heat gun or hair dryer) and pull. It even helps if the decal has been sitting in the sun for a while. I definitely noticed it came up easier on the sunny side of the bed over the shaded side.

Getting the adhesive up was the more cumbersome part for me. I used goo gone, let it sit for a while, then rub off with a microfiber towel. Be liberal with the goo gone.

Be warned thought that if your paint has faded at all, you may see a different shade under the decal once removed.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3F99E6F6-6207-45BD-BFC4-4D3B60226104.jpeg
wait till summer.....let the car warm up in the sun...pull them off like butter

+1. My Gen1 came w some weird “F-150” decals - this can’t be stock, right?! - on the front quarter panels. Peeled them off by hand no problem in the summer.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's surely easier in the summer, but it's not that hard to do in the winter either. Then again, I'm dealing with a Texas winter of 65 C and sunny.

OP
OP
HAWKTX

HAWKTX

Reaction score
I’m in Texas as well. We have good weather coming up. I’ll report back. Thanks for the feedback fellas!