Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Decal Removal

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by KyleLoop4, Feb 23, 2020.

1. KyleLoop4

KyleLoop4 Member

Have 2 Gen 1s that I’ve narrowed down my search with dealer. The one I love has the Raptor decals along the bed of the truck on both sides.

Question- I’ve never removed decals before, will this be a pain in the ass and damage the paint? Thanks

2. Big Blue

Big Blue Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Wont damage the paint to remove and best to remove when truck is new, leave out in sun for a few hours to get nice and warm and they will peel right off.

3. KyleLoop4

KyleLoop4 Member

Looking at a 2014... was just worried about the decals being on there for 6/7 years. Thanks for the info!

Jace21583 likes this.
  4. Big Blue

Big Blue Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Sorry, I misread your first post. That could pose an issue. I'm sure it will still peel off, but I would be worried about it being sun bleached in the clear areas and darker in the areas that have graphics.

Booth9999 likes this.
  5. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

I don't know how different it would be, because a boat is gelcoat, but I bought a used offshore boat that was 3 years old and pulled a side graphic off that I didn't like. You could see a bit of a ghosted image when I first did it, I definitely had an "oh shit!" moment. I buffed the hell out of the whole boat and it helped a little. A few months of being in the sun and you couldn't see any difference any more, it blended in fine.

6. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Use a 3m eraser wheel, it will blaze them off. A school kid eraser like a "pink pet" works as well but its a lot more elbow greese. You may have paint fade where the decals weren't, and fresh, non-UV baked paint underneath them.

7. Xtinct

Xtinct Full Access Member

If the truck has been outside much you are still going to have some degree of fading.

8. K223

K223 Full Access Member

Get some 3M automotive Adhesive solvent as well. If it won’t peel, soak it a little and it will come.

bb10RPTR likes this.
  9. Remoat

Remoat FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bought my 2012 in august and first thing i did was removed the fake mud. After 7 years the paint looked great after. Heat gun will help, the adhesive outlines of the sticker were harder to get off but a little elbow grease and itll buff clean. Its time consuming, take your time.