GEN 2 Debating on trading high mile raptor or keeping ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dart raptor

Reaction score
I have a 2018 screw with 83000 miles , extended warranty runs out in Oct or 120,000 miles . I drove a Dodge Rebel and was not impressed think will miss Raptor . I was wanting to get other opinions and thoughts on keeping, getting a hold over 2019 or get 2020. Wanting to know if any difference between the 18 and the 19,20 ?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a 2018 Raptor SCREW with 83K miles? That is a lot of driving in 2 years. o_O

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep ditch it before it hits 100 thousand miles

I love ford trucks but they depreciate more than any other maker on the road sans a kia or Hyundai

OP
OP
D

dart raptor

Reaction score
Yes i drive to see my kids often they live 8 and 17 hrs away i want something that i depend on never had Ford before so do not know how much to trust it

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes i drive to see my kids often they live 8 and 17 hrs away i want something that i depend on never had Ford before so do not know how much to trust it
Have you had any issues over the first 83k miles? That's a lot of runtime (and fuel), but current production vehicles seem to see 200k relatively easily (maybe not Dodge lol!). The main difference will be the Live Valve shocks and Recaro seat option on 19/20 (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure there were small changes like color choices as well), unless you're offroading part of those trips you probably wouldn't feel any difference at all. If it was me I'd wait until it hit 100k or just shy and see what '21 brings, and decide before the extended warranty is up, just my two cents though.

Ray Knight

Reaction score
You should get a super duty diesel if you drive that much. They hold value with high mikes wnd are awesome to drive too. Not sporty fun like the Raptor more like capable fun. I can crush anything type of fun