Debating Heavier Options for the Rear Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Measure your front height and see how much you have settled. Front springs are weak

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I won't ever mess with the front suspension, but it sounds like I'm gonna need +2 HD at the bare minimum and possibly the +3 HD. It's right at 500lbs for an everyday load, plus when I tow my boat (about 300lb tongue weight).
From what I have learned +3HD with a drop shackle will give you more droop travel and keep you at stock height.

Then later down the road If you want to raise the rear end you can take out the drop shackle. Just a more flexible option. Say you eventually do wanna do the front end springs, You can maintain a slight rake and then be level when towing when you remove the drop shackle as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfred

Reaction score
I have an ARE cap and tow a glass ranger that is about 5k with the trailer. I was losing about 1.25” with the boat hooked up. I spoke to deaver and they tuned a raptor oem spring pack with 2 additional leafs for me to accommodate the cap and tongue weight of the boat. Couldn’t be happier. I lose about .50-.75 in the rear with the boat hooked up. Factory appearance without the boat and perfect stance when hooked up. Firmed up the rear during daily driving. Also Kept the factory bump stops.

Here is a pic with deavers installed.

C0570569-C947-4255-83F9-F1D417B89C63.jpeg