Deavers right and left?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok i realize there is not a right or left or else they would have different part numbers....however, i installed mine and the right side was sitting noticeably higher than the left. so today i took them off and set them on the ground arch up and the left one was 14 inches and the right was 14 1/4 inches. Swapped them out and the truck is dead level now???
Now i weight 200lbs and a full tank of gas is 252 so it would make sense the truck would lean to the left...
Is it possible deaver intentionally gives a slight more arch on one to be used for the drivers side? seems to me they should if it was by accident

Reaction score
I doubt it, my deavers were only directional front and rear, i installed and it sits level.
Is the method of measurement consistent? Did you double check your measurements?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

There is no difference between Driver and Passenger side, they are the same.
I find it hard to believe that a 1/4" difference would be noticeable though.

I imagine there is some tolerance on the arch that is done and that would be the only thing I could think why one would be off by a 1/4".

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i realize there is not a right or left or else they would have different part numbers....however, i installed mine and the right side was sitting noticeably higher than the left. so today i took them off and set them on the ground arch up and the left one was 14 inches and the right was 14 1/4 inches. Swapped them out and the truck is dead level now???
Now i weight 200lbs and a full tank of gas is 252 so it would make sense the truck would lean to the left...
Is it possible deaver intentionally gives a slight more arch on one to be used for the drivers side? seems to me they should if it was by accident
While certainly not on the level of Deaver, Superlift sent me an incorrect front spring for a 6" leaf spring lift kit for one of my old Chevy K5's. It was slightly shorter than spec. Though I bought the kit from a 3rd party retailer, I lived in Louisiana at the time and only an hour from their Monroe facility. Shot over there and they swapped it out. Sure if you contacted Deaver they'd do the same for you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

traxiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Could be you have some stiction in there and they would have evened out as they worked it out.