Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my bedrack, and after out last trip, my stock leafs had sagged quite a bit. I'm now back up to stock height with all the gear in bed.

Looks good. How much weight do you think you have in the back? I'm still undecided what to do. My rack and everyday gear will weigh a bit under 300 lbs and then I'll add in another 350 lbs in camping gear, water and fuel when heading off road. Plus passengers and add another 100 lbs if I get bump stops. I'm thinking I need to go up to +4's.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never weighed it all, but I would guess ~300lbs in bed, then maybe another 100lbs in the rear cabin during runs.

Another 350lbs in gear? Maybe it all adds up fast, but seems like a lot... When you order them, just tell them the weight your expecting, they will build to suit your needs. If i did it over again, i might consider the +4 or custom +3 and then some, just to factor for some sag down the road, but you will sacrifice cushier ride doing so. I do know with the leafs, the truck loves when the rear is loaded, so choose based on how the truck with sit the majority of the time. Mine rides like a maybach when loaded up with the rack etc, not so much when empty... rare occasions though

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Stickman89

Did you get this as a complete set, and if so where? I don't see it on the rouge site.

Do you feel the +3 leaves are raising your payload any?

I did not leafs are from Cole at add. Had them made for 250lbs of extra bed weight.

The rest of the parts are from Rick at freedom motorsports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another 350lbs in gear? Maybe it all adds up fast, but seems like a lot...

It does - always surprises me too. 14 gallons of water, 10 of fuel and a pelican cooler, that's the bulk of it, plus my wife's 60lb telescope - she's a nerd.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Stupid question, are leaf springs user installable for a non mechanic type with limited tools?

So long as you're O.K. with them coming off on the highway. :biggrin:

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have luck fitting 37's with leafs and rpg collar? Id love to fit the bigger tires but don't really want to deal with rubbing on another truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have luck fitting 37's with leafs and rpg collar? Id love to fit the bigger tires but don't really want to deal with rubbing on another truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3" collar and Deaver +3 spring pack will get you where you want to be. Great combination. Will be installing both today and I'll post pics.

FadedSS

Reaction score
3" collar and Deaver +3 spring pack will get you where you want to be. Great combination. Will be installing both today and I'll post pics.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing pics and measurements! I ordered the deavers and SVC collars and am currently awaiting delivery...

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome, very interested in seeing how it looks. not 100%, but I always love fitting larger tires on a truck and pushing the limits. One thing holding me back is the lack of a full size spare under the truck. will have to think about this one, but luckily the 2018 is still months away.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome, very interested in seeing how it looks. not 100%, but I always love fitting larger tires on a truck and pushing the limits. One thing holding me back is the lack of a full size spare under the truck. will have to think about this one, but luckily the 2018 is still months away.

The Raptor has a full size spare. It even has a matching wheel.